R16 help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nicolasrobelin

Original poster
Sep 7, 2009
texas
my dvr r 16 300 keeps telling me that i have to download a new software , wich my dvr does not want to do , i keep pressing ok to down load and it does not do anything.(every 10 or 15 minutes)
Direct Tv keeps saying that i need a protection plan to get this solve , wich to me sounds stupid , because everything work perfect.
i talk to them tech support and they asked me how is the weather do this do that , and the problem never got fix.
but i think the problem is the dvr and they dont want to accept the fact that, is their problem not my.
and the big example that i got from the tech suuport girl was if you rent a car and something goes wrong with it you have to pay to get it fix and my answer was yes IF I DO SOMETHING TO THE CAR AND, I BROKE THE CAR I WILL PAY FOR IT, BUT IF THE PROBLEM COMES FROM FACTORY OR A NEW UPDATE THAT THEY NEED TO DO IM NOT PAYING FOR IT. IF ANY ONE HAS A SOLUTION FOR IT PLEASE GIVE IT TO ME DIRECT TV IS GETTING ON MY NERVES .
nyk54@hotmail.com

my dvr r 16 300 keeps telling me that i have to download a new software , wich my dvr does not want to do , i keep pressing ok to down load and it does not do anything.(every 10 or 15 minutes)
Direct Tv keeps saying that i need a protection plan to get this solve , wich to me sounds stupid , because everything work perfect.
i talk to them tech support and they asked me how is the weather do this do that , and the problem never got fix.
but i think the problem is the dvr and they dont want to accept the fact that, is their problem not my.
and the big example that i got from the tech suuport girl was if you rent a car and something goes wrong with it you have to pay to get it fix and my answer was yes IF I DO SOMETHING TO THE CAR AND, I BROKE THE CAR I WILL PAY FOR IT, BUT IF THE PROBLEM COMES FROM FACTORY OR A NEW UPDATE THAT THEY NEED TO DO IM NOT PAYING FOR IT. IF ANY ONE HAS A SOLUTION FOR IT PLEASE GIVE IT TO ME DIRECT TV IS GETTING ON MY NERVES .
nyk54@hotmail.com

Have you tried doing a simple reset yet ?

Menu> Set Up> System Set up > Reset >Restart Receiver > dash, select

Doesn't sound simple, but it is !

Also, you might want to put this in the regular D* section, but I'll help you if I can.

Do what Jimbo said, and then slowly type 02468 in order after the first blue screen comes up on the reboot. That will force a download of the most recent software.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts