Rain Fade

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gregg Lengling

Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Being up in the Great White North rain fade on Directv does cause a problem as we are shooting low to the horizon and thru storms for miles away. Has anyone ever come up with a larger dish that improves the gain and still has the proper focal perspective to receive all 3 Directv birds???

Welcome to Satelliteguys, Gregg! We are glad you are here. To my knowledge there has not been a larger triple LNB dish made. You could use seperate single slot dishes for all 3 satellites. Kind of ugly but it would work...

I guess I could do that but then my tower would really be full. I have a Rohn 55 tower at 52 feet with all my ham antennas, tv antennas and sat dish...and this doesn't count the Wisteria my wife grew up it to keep the neighborhood kids from climbing it.

Guess I'll have to think about rolling my own....just start doing the math and build my own dish....fun winter project. I just don't like the approx 1 hour per year of rainout I get up here, but been dealing with it for 10 years with Directv...still better than the amount of cable outages around here.

Cheers. :usa

Try the gainmaster

You can try the gainmaster phase III. It is larger than a standard phase III and supposedly increases gain by 75%. I Used to get rain fade 2-3 times/month and have not had one fade event since installing the gainmaster in July.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)