"Rain" Fade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RichManitoba

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2010
Madison, WI
I did a search, and came up with some old answers that didn't help much, so here goes; I upgraded to new equipment (HR44-500 with 3 clients & kept an HR24-100, the video bridge thingy, SWIM thingy, etc) in late September. I didn't get any fade during any winter snowstorms, but so far this spring the picture has gone out numerous times and seems for a lengthy time. I understand it's from the size of the storms, but the storms haven't been bad yet. This seems very sensitive. Should I call DirecTv or it's that the way it is?

Thanks!

What are your signals like on the 99ca, 99cb, 103ca and 103cb satellites (look at all the transponders) when the weather is clear?

I did a search, and came up with some old answers that didn't help much, so here goes; I upgraded to new equipment (HR44-500 with 3 clients & kept an HR24-100, the video bridge thingy, SWIM thingy, etc) in late September. I didn't get any fade during any winter snowstorms, but so far this spring the picture has gone out numerous times and seems for a lengthy time. I understand it's from the size of the storms, but the storms haven't been bad yet. This seems very sensitive. Should I call DirecTv or it's that the way it is?

Thanks!
post you signal readings and we will let ya know how they look,(menu, settings, satellite signal)

Post 101, 99CA, 99CB, 103CA, 103CB.

The 103s and 99s don't matter as they are different depending on where you live.

taking a wild stab in the dark, could be foliage from trees interfering with your signal, and the storms just finish the job.

as twizt3dkitty says, we need the signal strengths to evaluate what might be wrong...

Im going with trees now have leaves, and or out of alignment dish? And do you notice any difference between HD and SD channels?

AZ, either of those could be true, that's why we asked for the signal levels!!

Since the OP hasn't bothered to reply, we may never know....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts