Rainier D9865D MODEL

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Its a subscription service with not many good known channels. I would look at their website (which I would not post here as they are no friend to FTA.) at their channel listing to see if it is something you want.

Also if you do subscribe the prices are only good for one TV, and there is no DVR for it.

Ok, what kind of fta is a good, but affordable system? I have two c-band dishes, but they are not put up and just sitting around being stored and would like to maybe use one again, but just doesn't seem like it would be worth while, since you can get a fta system with dish, but just not sure which would be good and in HD and possible drv?

As for it being worth it, I say most definitely worth it. There are wild feeds, along with many open feeds. Take a look at these sites for an idea of what is available, just remember that the four (4) digit frequencies are C Band:

Sathint.com

Lyngsat.com

You will find that there is a lot still up there. Might not be your cup of tea, but you won't know until you take a look. I get by just fine with OTA, FTA, Roku and a DVD collection.

Reactions: Horsepower
Ok, what kind of fta is a good, but affordable system? I have two c-band dishes, but they are not put up and just sitting around being stored and would like to maybe use one again, but just doesn't seem like it would be worth while, since you can get a fta system with dish, but just not sure which would be good and in HD and possible drv?

You can get the products from here as well. Titanium Satellite - Store
Here's the hard drive I use for the DVR function. Fantom Drives Gforce3 Pro 2TB 7200 RPM USB 3.0 Aluminum External Hard Drive 749656165410 | eBay

Reactions: norman881
Nope, I wasn't looking for those kind of channels. I was just wondering what all was up there, since it's all free and probably some what like the good old c-band days, which man I miss those days I might add.:(

Reactions: wvman
Agreed. Get a GEOSATpro 90cm dish. Well made and works great as stand alone or with a USALS motor.

Reactions: FTA4PA
So, I take the receiver is ok, but just the dish being a tad bit too small? I also seen one's with a motor than can move like a c-band dish, are those ok since they can scan the sky or are they trouble?

Generally speaking, motors are not a problem. It is getting them set up properly, that is the problem. There are several threads around here about setting up Ku band motorized systems. Sounds like you have experience setting up C Band, so you should be able to get it done without to much hair loss.

Generally speaking, motors are not a problem. It is getting them set up properly, that is the problem. There are several threads around here about setting up Ku band motorized systems. Sounds like you have experience setting up C Band, so you should be able to get it done without to much hair loss.
Yeah, I've put about 2 c-band dishes up and learned from a installer back in the day as to how, so it shouldn't be a problem other than the tuff part the alignment.

Nope, I wasn't looking for those kind of channels. I was just wondering what all was up there, since it's all free and probably some what like the good old c-band days, which man I miss those days I might add.:(

I had my old dish in the yard for several years until one channel I had to have was forced to go digital. I wasn't sure what to do until I ran onto Satellite Guys. After a few sessions in here, I found a new hobby. I have a shelf full of FTA receivers. I love playing with them and learning their functions. Right now, I have about 150 channels tuned in. I found a lot more channels, but I am not bilingual, so I deleted several of them.

I've had a few problems along the way, but the guys in here have helped me every step of the way. They're a great bunch and always willing to help. Before I gave Dish and DirecTV the boot, I was getting pretty annoyed with all the commercials on television. I still have the commercials, but now I'm not paying to watch them. :) FTA is well worth it. I wouldn't go back to paying for television under any circumstances.

I had my old dish in the yard for several years until one channel I had to have was forced to go digital. I wasn't sure what to do until I ran onto Satellite Guys. After a few sessions in here, I found a new hobby. I have a shelf full of FTA receivers. I love playing with them and learning their functions. Right now, I have about 150 channels tuned in. I found a lot more channels, but I am not bilingual, so I deleted several of them.

I've had a few problems along the way, but the guys in here have helped me every step of the way. They're a great bunch and always willing to help. Before I gave Dish and DirecTV the boot, I was getting pretty annoyed with all the commercials on television. I still have the commercials, but now I'm not paying to watch them. :) FTA is well worth it. I wouldn't go back to paying for television under any circumstances.
Not to mention the prices are way out of hand too, which is why I'm looking at other options. But yeah, it was really fun surfing the sky back in the day when c-band was going strong.

There are some motor control issues with that receiver that have yet to be resolved even though they have known about it for a long time now. There is a thread on here about that issue where both Titanium and KE4EST commented on it.

I was going to buy TWO of those to replace some aging receivers I have but I don't want one with problems out of the box that it seems they aren't interested in fixing!! Just saying.................

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)