Random Thoughts (My 2000th Post)

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
I haven't done the random thoughts in a while, and since this is a historic post, it's time to bring it back.

1. I think Missouri might be the best team in the country. They have a better offense, IMO, than USC.

2. After seeing Ohio State lose to USC, I felt that they were lucky they
didn't have to play Missouri or West Virginia in last year's title game. They could have given up 60, because Matt Flynn is not exactly Chase Daniel or Pat White.

3. With Arizona State losing to UNLV, how much luster has been removed from the Georgia game? Maybe it's no longer than gigantic game I thought it would be- it may not be the game of the day. Perhaps Gameday goes somewhere else

4. Jeremy Maclin, IMO, is the most exciting player in the country- even more than the overexposed Joe McKnight.

5. Am I the only one who thinks Penn State might make a BCS game?

6. On November 22nd, 2008, BYU/Utah will be the center of the sports universe. Mark it down- both teams will be undefeated heading into that game.

7. This is the year for the Arizona Cardinals- going with Kurt Warner is looking like a wise decision. They are not a joke anymore.

8. WHERE is Sandra? Has she abandoned us or is she busy?

9. The Colts reminded me of an old phrase: Better to be lucky than good.

10. With Devin Hester leaving yesterday's game, could the Bears slide into offensive oblivion and the first game could be a fluke?

11. It's been a while since I've been able to possibly brag about the Bills. I haven't felt this good about the team since 1998 and Doug Flutie.

12. HD, don't panic. All you need to say is "Remember last year's Giants." It can be done.

13. Do you see the Vikings trading for a QB? I remember the Chargers trading for Chris Chambers last year- there has to be someone available.

14. Is the Army/Navy game still a big deal? I like it, but I think Navy might not be as superior as they were under Paul Johnson.

15. The Mountain West is better than the ACC and the Big East; I'll admit it.

16. Any of you guys wrestling fans?

17. Who would win in a best-of-seven series between the worst teams in baseball- the Mariners or the Nationals?

18. I'm glad people are jumping off the Jets bandwagon (though I do think Thomas Jones is a solid RB) and starting to respect the Bills.

19. Any of you ever check out coacheshotseat.com?

20. Over/Under: 90 combined points in tonight's Eagles/Cowboys game?

21. What has happened to Syracuse? A program that once gave us Jim Brown, Larry Csonka, Dwight Freeney, and Donovan McNabb is as irreleveant as any. They remind me of the 1980s holy trinity of losers- Northwestern, Oregon State, and Kansas State.

22. Which non New Year's bowl game do you like the most?

23. Wake Forest and Georgia Tech, IMO, are the only ACC teams with any pride this year.

24. Anyone excited for NHL preseason?!

25. Who are your four Heisman favorites at this point?

26. Hard to believe I've gotten this many posts since April.

I haven't done the random thoughts in a while, and since this is a historic post, it's time to bring it back.

1. I think Missouri might be the best team in the country. They have a better offense, IMO, than USC.

USC has the best defense in the country. They would chew Missouri up and spit them out. That said, Missouri is pretty good, but they haven't faced a defense like USC has.

3. With Arizona State losing to UNLV, how much luster has been removed from the Georgia game? Maybe it's no longer than gigantic game I thought it would be- it may not be the game of the day. Perhaps Gameday goes somewhere else

Gameday is still going there as far as I know, but both these teams look overrated. Georgia had better not lollygag through another game this week.

They could win the Big Ten. The word is out on Ohio St. They're overrated.

6. On November 22nd, 2008, BYU/Utah will be the center of the sports universe. Mark it down- both teams will be undefeated heading into that game.

We'll see. It would be interesting if they were both undefeated. I love rivalry games. If BYU is to win a NC this year they'll actually have to play someone good, unlike what happened in 1984 when they played a 6-5 Michigan team in the Holiday Bowl to clinch the title.

7. This is the year for the Arizona Cardinals- going with Kurt Warner is looking like a wise decision. They are not a joke anymore.

Beating the 49ers and Dolphins doesn't mean you're no longer a joke.

14. Is the Army/Navy game still a big deal? I like it, but I think Navy might not be as superior as they were under Paul Johnson.

When you lose to dook you've got to take a long, hard look in the mirror.

No.

21. What has happened to Syracuse? A program that once gave us Jim Brown, Larry Csonka, Dwight Freeney, and Donovan McNabb is as irreleveant as any. They remind me of the 1980s holy trinity of losers- Northwestern, Oregon State, and Kansas State.

Syracuse has disgraced itself. None of those other programs have half the history of Syracuse. Why they didn't fire their coach after last season is beyond me. It's amazing that a school like South Florida that has only had a team for 5-6 years is good and Syracuse stinks.

23. Wake Forest and Georgia Tech, IMO, are the only ACC teams with any pride this year.

:rolleyes: Yeah right.

'

1 - The BcS "championship" is about having less losses than any other BcS team, not being the best. Missouri plays in the Big 12. Too hard.

2 - Ohio State was lucky to not have to play a team that lost to Pitt and South Florida. Right.

5 - Penn State has a shot. The Big 10 is down.

6 - And under the broken BcS system, the winner MIGHT get put in the lowest BcS bowl. BYU and ECU should sign TODAY to play one another on New Years Day in Little Rock, Arkansas for the True National Championship.

11 - Oh, Canada. Our home and native land ...

14 - Army/Navy is a huge deal.

15 - And under the broken BcS system, nothing that happens in the Mountain West, or any of the other out conferences, matters.

16 - Wrestling used to have some appeal, but now its just silly plot lines with no value at all.

21 - Syracuse was originally selected to move up to the ACC, until the governor of Virginia forced them to take Virginia Tech insted. Its a nothing program by its own admission.

24 - No.

1. Missouri may just be the best team, but have a much harder trip than USC.

3. Game still has major meeting, ASU will be the only common opponent for USC and Georgia. Polls and BCS computer will take notice. I have the feeling ASU will get no mercy from either.

7. Arizona play the Redskins at FedEX Field this Sunday. Win that game and Arizona enters the discussion.

13. If the Vikings and Chargers were smart, they should trade Chester Taylor for Billy Volek. Would be win-win deal for both. But the Vikings believe that Tavaris Jackson is good enough.

15. Minus USC, the Mountain West may be better than the Pac-10.

16. I thought this is a Sports Forum. :D

23. Holiday Bowl, usually a high scoring affair.

26. Happy 2000th Post. :hatsoff:

I would like to see USC's defense vs. Missouri's offense. The outcome would be interesting.

Penn State does look good so far this year.

2 games is too soon to make such assumptions. Their next 3 games are @ Washington, @ NY Jets and vs. Buffalo. If they win the next 2 out of 3, then I'd start to get interested.

10. With Devin Hester leaving yesterday's game, could the Bears slide into offensive oblivion and the first game could be a fluke?

Yes. Kyle-the-Bottle can't possibly keep this team competitive in the NFC North. Both Minnesota and Green Bay are much better teams.

11. It's been a while since I've been able to possibly brag about the Bills. I haven't felt this good about the team since 1998 and Doug Flutie.

I predicted Buffalo winning a wild card spot this year. The Bills DO have reason to believe again.

12. HD, don't panic. All you need to say is "Remember last year's Giants." It can be done.

We play Baltimore and Cincy the next 2 weeks. If we don't win those 2 games, then I definitely know this team has a problem. Until then, I'm not sweating it.

13. Do you see the Vikings trading for a QB? I remember the Chargers trading for Chris Chambers last year- there has to be someone available.

What about bringing back Daunte Culpepper?

When I was 12 I was. (no offense).

17. Who would win in a best-of-seven series between the worst teams in baseball- the Mariners or the Nationals?

Seattle. They both have the same record, but playing in the AL is tougher, so I think the Expos, errr Nat's are the worse team.

18. I'm glad people are jumping off the Jets bandwagon (though I do think Thomas Jones is a solid RB) and starting to respect the Bills.

I wonder if F* is regretting his decision yet?

19. Any of you ever check out coacheshotseat.com?

No, never. Is Romeo #1?

I dunno. I feel bad for the franchise. Once a very proud program has become a joke. I have family that live in Syracuse and are huge fans. I feel bad for them right now.

22. Which non New Year's bowl game do you like the most?

The BCS National Championship. Duh! ;)

25. Who are your four Heisman favorites at this point?

Chase Daniel

26. Hard to believe I've gotten this many posts since April.

Congrats!

hell yeah! NWA Anarchy fan here. WWE I'll watch but mainly Friday's. Love Jesse & Festus. I mean, come on. Who cant get pumped up for a team whose theme music is "biscuits & gravy" :D
[youtube]ER6THbfVg3Y[/youtube]

nats
24. Anyone excited for NHL preseason?!
little bit. College hockey though I am stoked for :D

hell yeah! NWA Anarchy fan here. WWE I'll watch but mainly Friday's. Love Jesse & Festus. I mean, come on. Who cant get pumped up for a team whose theme music is "biscuits & gravy" :D

I, too, am a fellow wrestling fan. I've been one for about 22 yrs. I watch all WWE programming as well as 24/7 and I watch TNA. It's great too watch despite the fact that the ratings haven't been nearly as strong as the attitude era.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)