Random Thoughts

SandraC

On Vacation
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Wednesday Thoughts...

1. This Donaghy thing couldn't have come out at a worse time for David Stern. He wants Celtics/Lakes headlines now, not fixed games.

2. Mariano gave up two home runs this week, but only one was a game winner. The Yankees came back to win on Saturday.

3. Speaking of which, is there a more gracious athlete to root for than Mariano Rivera? The only thing you can dislike him for is that he's been so good for so long.

4. Watching the game in LA last night got me wondering when Entourage is coming back on. A great show, and Ari Gold is one of the great characters on TV.

5. Nice to have the Yankee lineup whole again. Well-pitched game by Wang last night, too.

6. The NBA is big news, and it seems like the NHL wrapped up a month and a half ago.

7. My goodness has it been hot on the Jersey shore this week. Not that I'm complaining, much rather it be hot than cold. Lots of Bennies at the beaches this past weekend...you know who you are!

8. Wow, the White Sox finally lost one...time for another Ozzie tirade.

9. Moises Alou got a hit on the first pitch he saw in his return to the Met lineup...but that wasn't the news, that happens all the time. The news is he didn't get hurt doing it!

10. Has there ever been a horse more difficult to root for than Big Brown? This trainer has the mentality of way too many guys I date.

11. Did you see the goal Ibrahimovic scored for Sweden against Greece yesterday? What a blast. Wait, how many Swedes are named Ibrahimovic?

12. Have the bugs been attacking all of the Indian pitchers this year?

13. Strahan tells the Giants he retires and the Giants can't make the announcement on WFAN soon enough the other day...wanted to get it out there before he changes his mind.

14. Jerry Reese is also hoping for a Jeremy Shockey retirement any day now. I can't wait until the first time Shockey complains about the reigning Super Bowl MVP not getting him the ball enough.

15. In retrospect 95 degree heat was not the best time to try wearing two bras during training. If you want to know what it feels like, wrap a boa constrictor around your ribs and tell him to pull...tightly.

16. Try to catch Portugal/Czech Republic today. Deco and Cristiano Ronaldo can put on a show. And Cristiano is a hottie.

17. I don't need any more e-mails about watches.

18. Please tell Henrik Lundqvist I'll be on the beach in Belmar every weekend, and sometimes during the week too. If he wants to pick me out I'll be one of the few girls in Belmar who isn't in high school or college.

19. Who is going to embarass Ohio State in the championship game this year? Georgia? Alabama? Whose turn is it down there, anyway?

20. I love rooting for Jordan Farmar.

21. Come on Sather, sign Avery already. Jeez.

22. I'm blessed with nieces and nephews in the area who I get to spend lots of time with. You know what's a funny show? Wizards of Waverly Place on Disney. The actress Selena Gomez is going to be a superstar, you heard it here first. Very cute and very funny. Just hope she doesn't turn into a Britney Spears type when she grows up.

23. I think I need new tires and new sunglasses on top of the stuff I mentioned last week.

24. When are Darren and Drew going to come over from dbsforums? I miss them.

25. I love when it stays light so late.

Sandra

Last edited:
Wednesday Thoughts...

3. Speaking of which, is there a more gracious athlete to root for than Mariano Rivera? The only thing you can dislike him for is that he's been so good for so long.

He is very good and will go down as one of the best closers ever.

But, do you see him catching Hoffman's record or not?

4. Watching the game in LA last night got me wondering when Entourage is coming back on. A great show, and Ari Gold is one of the great characters on TV.

The only guy on Entourage I know of is Kevin Connolly, who I better remember as Ryan on 'Unhappily Ever After.'

6. The NBA is big news, and it seems like the NHL wrapped up a month and a half ago.

At least the NHL had positive press and decent ratings for once.

8. Wow, the White Sox finally lost one...time for another Ozzie tirade.

Wait till the end of June- then we'll see what happens.

15. In retrospect 95 degree heat was not the best time to try wearing two bras during training. If you want to know what it feels like, wrap a boa constrictor around your ribs and tell him to pull...tightly.

I'll never look at a movie about killer snakes the same way again...

19. Who is going to embarass Ohio State in the championship game this year? Georgia? Alabama? Whose turn is it down there, anyway?

Alabama? They'll be lucky if they can win six games!

21. Come on Sather, sign Avery already. Jeez.

He's waiting until the NHL draft... I think.

24. When are Darren and Drew going to come over from dbsforums? I miss them.

Speaking of dbsforums, I miss anders. He was a Tar Heel fan who I lost a bet to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts