Random Thoughts

Herbie said , have the Bowl games and then the BSC ?
Meaning take the winners of the major bowl games and turn that into a small playoff ?
We have 12 teams, 6 games (bowl games), take those winners and go from there ?

I like that idea alot. :up

Jimbo

Meaning take the winners of the major bowl games and turn that into a small playoff ?

Jimbo

Herbie's a genius. What school did he go to again? ;)

Jimbo

No. That's not what he said.

He said wait until after the bowl games to determine which TWO teams make it into the national championship game the following week. Even the most ardent playoff supporters would have to agree it would be ridiculous to have no game for 4-6 weeks, then play bowl games culminating in New Years Day games, AND THEN hold an 8 or 12 or 16 game playoff tournament. We'd be talking about football up until the end of January, and you would be competing with the NFL playoffs as well.

I suppose Herbstreet is not as genius as you guys thought he was. What school did he go to again?

Sandra

Me hangin' with the Gameday crew :)

I had to wipe The Ohio State off of me after this picture...ewwww.

Attachments

• n589794253_1480840_186.jpg
    n589794253_1480840_186.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 120
That was in 2002 when #1 ranked Miami came to Knoxville

Ah, the good old days for Vol fans.

From 1989 to 2004, they were one of the most feared teams in college football (I'm including Johnny Majors' final years, where they went to the Cotton, Sugar, and Fiesta Bowls in consecutive seasons)

Ah, the good old days for Vol fans.

From 1989 to 2004, they were one of the most feared teams in college football (I'm including Johnny Majors' final years, where they went to the Cotton, Sugar, and Fiesta Bowls in consecutive seasons)
Yes, from '89 to '04 Tennessee went 156-40-6 (.783 win %) with 8 10+ win seasons and 0 seasons with less than 8 wins (including a 4 year stretch from '95-'98 going 45-5 with two SEC titles and a national title).
From '05-'08...27-21 (.562 win %) and on the verge of losing 8 games in a season for the first time ever.

These look pretty similar to Tennessee's records with and without Cutcliff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)