Random Thoughts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
1. Can you imagine if after college basketball conference tournaments ended everything stopped, and no games were played until March Madness started ONE MONTH LATER? We're all used to it in football, but when you think about it, it's bizarre.

It is just college football. It was here first, before the pros, before anything except baseball and boxing as major sports in this country.

9. Hey Mark Sanchez...Just sit down and shut up for a change. Your coach wants you to sit...so sit. Hopefully you have a long career ahead of you, and at this point I still hope it's in NY. I've been giving you a pass because your coach acts like a buffoon, but your California Boy histrionics are starting to wear really thin.

Show me a good loser, and I will show you a loser.

15. The guidos and guidettes they show on MTV's Jersey Shore are most likely from Staten Island, not New Jersey. They're all BENNIES!!! As an Italian-American Jersey Shore girl, I find their depiction to be...pretty funny. But while people like this do exist, thinking all of the Jersey Shore is like that is like thinking everyone from Ohio is a farmer with rotten teeth, everyone in Florida is 90 years old or a Long Island princess, everyone in LA is playing on the same field as Adam Lambert, everyone in Kentucky marries their cousin, etc.

As a member of the only ethnic group that it is still PC to make fun of, I like your comment.

18. Not a Belicheck fan, but I supported his decision to go for it on fourth down against the Colts. I truly think he knows his team better than anyone else, and he thought that gave him the best chance to win. That said, some of the things he's done since then have been very strange.

The Patriots went for it because he does not trust his defense. His is right to not do so, but that does not make it right. This is the point where Randy "high and dry" Moss starts to act like a five year old.

24. You have to wonder when the Tiger Woods revelations will ever end. Funny how we went from the Friday after Thanksgiving when so many were saying we should leave his private life alone, to now, when more and more of his private life is thrown into our faces every day. Who knew he was such a wild man?

I don't particularly care if Woods goes to the Mormon Temple every day, or has sex with 1900 bimbos a year. However, he is the typical Nike spokesman. No reason whatsoever to root for him other than his sports abilities.

25. I don't trust anything Tim Donaghy says. He's a criminal, and he's trying to sell books. Next.

He is a criminal, but his comments are mostly correct. The NBA is not fake like wrestling or roller derby, but it is not a legitimate competiton like other sports. The NBA manupulates results via referees, travel, scheduling, matchups, etc. Its a show. If you like it, fine, but do not pretend its like the other sports.

Why did you have to note she is unmarried? Since you dont show a pic of yourself how are we suppose to know what she looks like :rolleyes:

It was a joke with a dual meaning, actually. My last sentence in the prior paragraph was about the stereotype of everyone in Kentucky marrying their cousin. Then in the next paragraph I mentioned my cousin, so I said she's unmarried.

Also, since she was born in LA but goes to college in Utah, I joke with her all the time about getting into a 'Big Love' type of relationship. When she texts me that she met some new guy, I ask if his wife is pretty.

It's funny between cousins, but loses something when explained in writing...:rolleyes:

Sandra

50 years from now, I'm still going to lose sleep thinking how THIS team beat the Mavericks? Can you say one-hit wonder?

THIS team did not beat the Mavericks. The team that beat the Mavs was actually good and very exciting to watch. I really liked that team.

It's probably because no Buckeyes are finalists. I'm sure you cared when Troy Smith won it a few years ago.

Troy Smith was one of my favorite Buckeyes ever (Craig Krenzel, Matt Wilhelm, Michael Doss, Antoine Winfield, Chris Gamble, Eddie George are among the others), but I honestly had to look it up, I thought you were joking that he won the Heisman. And he did!

That's how much I paid attention.

Sandra

As a member of the only ethnic group that it is still PC to make fun of, I like your comment.

Here at the shore, we dislike BENNIES of all shapes, sizes and color, regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual or religious persuasion, or team affiliation. Actually, Ranger fans are among the worst...

He is a criminal, but his comments are mostly correct. The NBA is not fake like wrestling or roller derby, but it is not a legitimate competiton like other sports. The NBA manupulates results via referees, travel, scheduling, matchups, etc. Its a show. If you like it, fine, but do not pretend its like the other sports.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I do not believe that for a second. You and Donaghy are equating the NBA with professional wrestling, and that's just wrong.

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)