Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
oak park michigan
Hi my name is LARRY
I live in hazel park mi am buying this rca antenna
It picks up to 70 miles away
There is a YouTube video
Showing the install on YouTube
This antenna should get me to watch Canadian tv I can get almost every local channel on my indoor antenna
Except the Canadian locals my zip code is 48030 has anyone bought this antenna?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi my name is LARRY
I live in hazel park mi am buying this rca antenna
It picks up to 70 miles away
There is a YouTube video
Showing the install on YouTube
This antenna should get me to watch Canadian tv I can get almost every local channel on my indoor antenna
Except the Canadian locals my zip code is 48030 has anyone bought this antenna?

I have the ANT751R. It is a solid antenna. You will likely NOT receive stations 70 miles with this antenna away without a preamp, however.

These are photos of my setup.

IMG_0064.JPG
IMG_0063.JPG
IMG_0062.JPG

Using TVfool you have a lot of LOS signals with the poor directive capabilities of the 751 I would expect a lot of Co Channel interference. I would guess a range of about 40 miles without amplification.

I have the ANT751R. It is a solid antenna. You will likely NOT receive stations 70 miles with this antenna away without a preamp, however.

These are photos of my setup.

View attachment 134687 View attachment 134688 View attachment 134689
I saw the install Vince Rocca did on
YouTube and Windsor is 22 miles away so Canada should come in clear
On my compass at south 167
Amazon is shipping Friday I also bought 25 feet coaxial cable and
Winegard LNA 200 preamp boost

I saw the install Vince Rocca did on
YouTube and Windsor is 22 miles away so Canada should come in clear
On my compass at south 167
Amazon is shipping Friday I also bought 25 feet coaxial cable and
Winegard LNA 200 preamp boost

Like boba said though, if you have a lot of LOS signals, you might not get the ones you say are 70 miles away. But who knows. OTA is an exercise in trial/error.

Reactions: andy_horton
Usually the disclaimer says " Up to 70 miles reception not a Guarantee of 70 miles"

Lol
This is the view
The antenna will be installed by the window on the left on the roof
Aimed south 167
IMG_2460.JPG
IMG_2466.JPG

Or should I put it by the chimney
Never done this before watched youtube videos on installs, I am 69”

Lol
This is the view
The antenna will be installed by the window on the left on the roof
Aimed south 167
View attachment 134690View attachment 134691
Or should I put it by the chimney
Never done this before watched youtube videos on installs, I am 69”

I would lag screw it to the chimney. The corner should have a 2x4, use lag screws long enough to go into the 2x4. You also should be able to run the coaxial cable down the chimney inside the attic or outside. Mounting on the chimney won't put holes in your roof, and it should be as high as possible. Why are you aiming at 167 degrees that looks like you will be aiming the back of the antenna at most of the broadcast channels?

Reactions: comfortably_numb
You also need to consider if there is anything in the line of sight to the towers. How far are any trees or other tall objects that may be in the way. In general, height is better for an antenna. (however this is not always true) Your TVFOOL shows a height of 30 feet. You are most likely less than 30 feet elevation. Your location shows 22 miles and line of sight, should be good.
A gable mount also would do great if you want to mount it on the other end of the house. (google antenna gable mount for pictures)

The issue that transcends distance predictions is that most of your locals are west of you while the Canadian stations are NNW and ENE of you. Without a rotator, this is a problem that a Yagi typically can't deal with (unless it has a very wide beamwidth).

As boba pointed out, you have a remarkably large number of co-channels (other stations broadcasting on the same frequencies) that you're being bombarded with. It may well be that you need multiple antennas and a switch or a rotator and that's inconvenient at best. This is where a very directional antenna may allow you to only pick up stations from a very narrow segment (narrow beamwidth).

The issue that transcends distance predictions is that most of your locals are west of you while the Canadian stations are NNW and ENE of you. Without a rotator, this is a problem that a Yagi typically can't deal with (unless it has a very wide beamwidth).

As boba pointed out, you have a remarkably large number of co-channels (other stations broadcasting on the same frequencies) that you're being bombarded with. It may well be that you need multiple antennas and a switch or a rotator and that's inconvenient at best. This is where a very directional antenna may allow you to only pick up stations from a very narrow segment (narrow beamwidth).

I have a indoor antenna
I get 56 of 58 channels
I’m buying the yagi just for the
Canadian channels and the pre amp I watch Canadian tv that’s the only reason I am buying it if I can’t get Windsor cbet I will call amazon and return the antenna and pre amp

The stations to your west are close enough you might just pick them up off the side of the antenna.

The winegard pre amp is$37.00
The yagi is $41.00 and 25 feet of coaxial to my tv is $6.00
I think close to $100.00
Just to watch CBC and ctv

The winegard pre amp is$37.00
The yagi is $41.00 and 25 feet of coaxial to my tv is $6.00
I think close to $100.00
Just to watch CBC and ctv

Larry, Just remember that CTV (CKCO-TV 42)is still broadcasting in NTSC analogue and their transmitter is in Sarnia ON. You won’t be able to get CTV and CBC with one antenna, you will need two antennas or a rotor because they are in complete opposite directions. You shouldn’t have any problems getting CTV either because they broadcast in analogue .
IMG_0537.JPG

Here’s my Antenna setup. The RadioShack is aimed South, to get most of my channels including CBC and TVO, And the Clearstream is aimed towards Sarnia to get CTV and Global (marginally)

IMG_0128.JPG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)