Real cost?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tcat007

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2016
Austin
I'm on Dish Flex package, Hopper and 1 Joey, plus $10 movie package, total $87/mo. Thinking of switching to At&t bundle got in mail $85 for Direct, Internet and phone. Fine print is very confusing (all the extra fees). Seems reasonable the 1st year, but high the second, and probably way high after. I have Ooma phone ($15/mo). So my current bill is $87 + $74 (Spectrum) + $15.

I'm not happy Dish isn't providing 4k Olympics coverage for Flex packages, so looking at switching, but if the Direct bill combo goes close to $200 after a year, not sure if it's worth it (and love the Hopper3). Just can't figure out what "real cost" is, discounted and not discounted.

You would have to call customer service to get the price on the package you want. There are always extras like state or local taxes, too.

well directv does not do internet or phone
so make sure you have att services available, and make sure they would quailify

well directv does not do internet or phone
so make sure you have att services available, and make sure they would quailify
IF he's in the att area, he should be able to bundle stuff to save some money if he has thier services.
ATT does do Internet and phone (mostly voip now) to go along with D* .

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I don't live in an area with AT&T but another company will bundle their Internet and phone with Directv. I get promos for it every now and then in the mail. I don't do it because they don't serve my "moved" address and that could cause issues I would think. And "moving" with a bundled address probably isn't easy. The other company is Fairpoint Communications.

Status
Please reply by conversation.