Really close to do it...considering move from DTV to Dish

Yes, a WAP is the supported requirement for the wireless Joey. That way is operates exclusive of your home wifi system.

I guess what I am trying to say is the genie Wireless sucks, even with a green bar it's slow, I was hoping to have a wireless receiver in the living room that has good performance because the way my condo is built and how the cable is routed I can't have a wire ran through my living room. I'm hoping the wireless joeys are a good upgrade over the genie wireless boxes. Has anyone here tried both?

I saw a review you can use a 4K joey without a coax and simply attaching to a Ethernet, is that correct?
I've Seen where people have done that with joeys. It's not authorized by Dish and I've never done it, but they say it works. I'm not sure how to set it up

I've Seen where people have done that with joeys. It's not authorized by Dish and I've never done it, but they say it works. I'm not sure how to set it up
When I first upgraded to HWS system I had four HWSs and one Joey 1 all connected by Ethernet to my router. Each unit had its own Cat5 cable. System was in Ethernet mode. It all worked great. When I got my first Wireless Joey I had trouble getting it to work. So after disconnecting all the Cat5 cables except one of the HWS I put the system in MoCA mode. I was then able to then get the WJ to work. I don't know if Ethernet versus MoCA mode had anything to do with the WJ to connect or not or if just by chance.

Reactions: HipKat
I saw a review you can use a 4K joey without a coax and simply attaching to a Ethernet, is that correct?
The 4k Joey will only work if your ethernet network is a gig network it won't work on a 100 Mb network, a Joey 2 will work on either

Reactions: HipKat
When I first upgraded to HWS system I had four HWSs and one Joey 1 all connected by Ethernet to my router. Each unit had its own Cat5 cable. System was in Ethernet mode. It all worked great. When I got my first Wireless Joey I had trouble getting it to work. So after disconnecting all the Cat5 cables except one of the HWS I put the system in MoCA mode. I was then able to then get the WJ to work. I don't know if Ethernet versus MoCA mode had anything to do with the WJ to connect or not or if just by chance.
How do you change modes?

I don't know if having 16 tuners is worth downgrading my service to dish

As I sit in my old house, watching TV recorded on my Hopper3 at my new house on my iPhone, I cannot help but disagree. Maybe DirecTV's MobileDVR will be as good as Dish Anywhere one day, but not today, and I will not miss its recalcitrant, adolescent-teen personality (with apologies to adolescent teens).

I actually cannot tell a difference in PQ with the new Dish service, but I do not have my 70" Sony UHD set connected yet, so I am reserving judgement.

The short of it is I do not consider Dish a downgrade. DirecTV is better than cable or U-verse, but it ain't all that.

Actually my Comcast with TIVO blows both Dish and Directv out of the water.

The only reason why I even keep DIRECTV is because it's free, and I just pay the $7 per addl receiver.

I really can't tell the difference between Dish, Comcast or Directv.

Granted the TiVo has some nice features, but all I do is record on my DVR and watch the recordings anyways.

Actually my Comcast with TIVO blows both Dish and Directv out of the water.

The only reason why I even keep DIRECTV is because it's free, and I just pay the $7 per addl receiver.

I really can't tell the difference between Dish, Comcast or Directv.

Granted the TiVo has some nice features, but all I do is record on my DVR and watch the recordings anyways.

I'm on a different cable system with Tivo. Nope, the Tivo is very good but not as good as the Hopper 3 IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts