Please reply by conversation.

stvcmty

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 29, 2013
Baldwin MD
I live in Baldwin MD, 21013.

I would like to get 87, 97 and 101 on a single dish, I would be willing to use a 1m dish as that that is the maximum protected by the FCC rules. I want LPB, so the dish would probably need to be pointed at 87. For 101 and 97, I would probably need narrow LNB’s to get them close enough together.

Is it reasonable to try and get 87, 97 and 101 on a single 1m dish? I am trying to keep the number of dishes in my back yard down.

Hi Stvcmty,

I've done 97 and 103 on a 1.2m, so I'd believe 97 and 101 should be fine.There are several members on here that have done more LNBF's on smaller dishes.

From what I've read, signals are significantly degraded when going past 10° off center - I haven't tried it, so maybe someone with more experience can fill in the details.

This is a link for a multiple LNBF setup (with photos) I did on one my 1.2m dishes. There are several additional posts with photos in this thread, as well as links, that have some good ideas about multiple LNBF setups.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/my-first-multiple-lnbf-setup.344711/

For what it's worth, LPB is plenty strong for me here in Pennsylvania most of the time. The people I see complaining about it being weak are usually nowhere near me. I never tried it with an off-center LNB, but it might be worth a try with a good dish and good LNB. (The rationale behind putting 97W in the center is that 97W is not exceptionally strong, and also has interference from adjacent satellites. Depending on what transponders you want to watch, you may find some of them dropping out more than you'd like if the aim isn't perfect.)

I currently have two dish, both are set up as a multi-dish. One is a 90 with four lnbf's. This one is set with 95 as my center, and 87, 99, and 103. Standard size lnbf's can be used. As for the other, it is a 76cm with 97 has my center with 91 and 101 as side cars.

You just have to work with. After two years, the setup delivers a solid signal on all satellites.

I live in Baldwin MD, 21013.

I would like to get 87, 97 and 101 on a single dish, I would be willing to use a 1m dish as that that is the maximum protected by the FCC rules. I want LPB, so the dish would probably need to be pointed at 87. For 101 and 97, I would probably need narrow LNB’s to get them close enough together.

Is it reasonable to try and get 87, 97 and 101 on a single 1m dish? I am trying to keep the number of dishes in my back yard down.
hi stvcmty. Another option for you rather than a multi-LNBF setup is a diseq H-H motor.

hi stvcmty. Another option for you rather than a multi-LNBF setup is a diseq H-H motor.

I'm interested in adding a motor, so this thread is relevant to my interest. Why would one do the multi-LNBF vs. a Motor? Thanks!!

I'm interested in adding a motor, so this thread is relevant to my interest. Why would one do the multi-LNBF vs. a Motor? Thanks!!
@ stvcmty ..... why did you chose multi-lnbf over motor ..... cost? delay time while motor moves? just curious :)
@ Nov-01 .... if the OP already has all the necessary parts for a multi-lnbf setup there is no need to spend further money on a motor.
Also using fixed dishes with multiple lnbfs/switches allows for faster channel changes. You don't have to wait for the motor to move & receiver to lock a signal. The reason I suggested a motor is ..... it seems to be a better solution to get the multiple ku sats the OP wants without the signal losses associated with an off-focus lnbf. i'm not sure why the OP chose multi-lnbf over motor. I thought suggesting an alternative would be a good idea.

I would like to get 87, 97 and 101 on a single dish, I would be willing to use a 1m dish
I believe that this is the easiest option. Senter is better to install 97 W LNB- 40 mm / millimetr / 101 W -LNB is also 40 mm in diameter Signal where you live you have a great 3 satellites
Second Embodiment. 97 W standard LNB . 101 W diameter of 23 mm or 16 mm
I also would set up sdelal.87 W In 87.5 W..And can take 2 satellite 87 W and 89 W look at 1 LNB
383e2796fad24de70ec9d094c3a2a998.gif

And everything will work fine.
016a71794d8279f36d187547f5070103.gif

3a74fdf874e0aaa093220a8754832d36.jpg

e6702ddcbe982db2f257c6f560d8ae4c.jpg

8444513a9fbd5134f7d2eeb3b6c0f9bf.jpg

d0f8fbaf3e447b521408d7fb126ce8fd.jpg

7e399fd42e1b008cb82773fa2ec652ce.png

81c7a5f06afdd4e2b0c6655e7982d1ed.png

28b8df37742615879fcc34f242caf763.png

5372508160154fbc341da4223009cf3c.png

5d607e936986e397d21f10e6862b44ad.png

Thank you all for your replies.

I considered a motorized dish, but I would like to be able to receive something from 101 at the same time I am DVRing something from 87, so I need to be able to use multiple receivers at the same time. I do not have a dedicated need for 97, but it is such a grab bag I think it is worth having a fixed dish to be able to see what is on quickly.

I will use dual LNBs (or band stacked) so I can use them to feed an array of multiswitchs/DiSEqC switches.

I have looked at the satelliteav.com 4 degree separation dual LNB bracket/dish, but was hesitant to get it without having a solid plan to get 87.

There are a few out there that I have used. Matter of fact, I ordered one from China which took me close to a month but was well worth it.

$_35.JPG
This is one that I am using on my 90cm. Currently have 103, 99, 95 and 87. And the other that has 101, 97 and 91 on the 76cm. These are not the images from my setup, just some I found on the net.

images

Reactions: cee
There are a few out there that I have used. Matter of fact, I ordered one from China which took me close to a month but was well worth it.

$_35.JPG
This is one that I am using on my 90cm. Currently have 103, 99, 95 and 87. And the other that has 101, 97 and 91 on the 76cm. These are not the images from my setup, just some I found on the net.

images
Hello ray I'm using those lnb holders.they work pretty good.

Attachments

• 20150222_132445.jpg
    20150222_132445.jpg
    560.8 KB · Views: 244
They've worked so well for me, I'm thinking about buying more. I have another dish I need to have a multi on....

Multi-satellite bars/mounts/aiming is the DBS dream; as they tried to add so many channels into one place (they went bigger).

How clever the mount is; determines how many full satellite signals are received. Depending on this is the originally aimed and sized dish; at OFFSET FOR ELEVATION; the determined center focus designed number stamped on the side of the dish reflector. From the center of the dish; all offsets can then also be determined easily; using the middle of the dish to determine the other angles (the lnbf mount "flexes" in all directions); AND NO SHADOW OCCURS to the satellite the lnbf is aiming at. This is the key hole the lnbf accrues using the middle of the dish; at a many a static offset.

How absolute these angles are is a DBS mentality; not used in lnbf multi-satellite designs (as an entire arc of satellites is really aimed using only one dish). If you look at the mounting bracket, a shadow occurs from mounted LNBf's that are close to each other (especially in 2 degree space); which is how directv feeds are designed "to pass" no shadow of their 2 degree spaced satellites is to use open (air) to allow the lnb-designation satellites signals to not shadow each other.

At wider satellite offsets; the shadows of each lnbf placed hold a small shadow because at both horizons the angles required go into; or progress into; the offset that the dish has as designed for center focusing. The widest pattern of lnbf's can be set into center focused offsets when you lock down the dish DUE SOUTH!

The other thing about multi-lnbf multi-satellite designing is the switch; and isolation; of each lnbf from each other (perfect for this is the DISEq 1.1/1 switch). When 2 lnb's are powered up; they receive reflections from each other; adding noise and their flux to (from) ground at each other. In the old days; it forked non-stacked lnb's. Today, it locks them up! The plastic in the mount isolates the dish from the lnbf (the ground). And the DISEq SW only powers up one lnbf at a TIME.

And the realization that every satellite dish (parabolic/round/flat edge type) can receive every satellite in space you want; without a motor is exactly designed against the DBS mental obstruction; a pattern of broadcast called profanity. To make one; you have to put it onto a dish; and no other design works!

At linear typical signal levels; if you lay the dish flat on the ground (or mount it upside down); or pointing straight up (this one is called a duck pond); the ooffffffffssssssssssseeeeeeeeeetttttttts do not shadow each other BETTER!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)