Received software version U506 on my 2 Hopper3 receivers

In the past, Dish Anywhere could take a while (days or longer) to refresh the s/w version but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Our receiver was updated to U506 (yesterday ?) and DA shows that same version.

December 2017 Software Update!12/12 5:58p
As part of the continuing improvement of DISH products, receiver software updates are periodically released. Beginning 12/13/17, a new software version will be deployed to all Hopper models and Wally.

The updated software will deploy to new and existing installations for Hopper 3, Hopper w/ Sling, and Wally...

December software release details
  • Support for Joey 3

Benefit: The new software update will support Joey 3 models and improve system reliability.
Does this mean that the Wally will support Joey 3? :D

Not sure if I have U506 yet, (Is there a way to check remotely via Dish Anywhere?) but I had trouble watching in-progress recordings last night. It took a couple of tries to get it to start from the beginning.
Not sure on DA, but if you hit the Home button 3 times on a 52/54 remote or twice on a 40 remote to get to the Diagnostics screen, you can see the software version and when it downloaded.

Edit: Looks like that was answered :)

Reactions: ncted
I remember the good old days when we would all wait for the new receivers coming out and got excited about what they could do . Now we sit and wait for software updates. It’s like watching paint dry .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts