Receiver Temperature

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That is good to know. I had it shut down yesterday and it was not all that hot outside, and it was not on. The area it is in is at the front top above the drivers seat. When it shut down yesterday it was at 152. I am heading back home the end of Oct (been traveling since March). I am going to take a look and see if I can insulate around that area to keep the sun from warming it up. That and a cooler should do the trick.
the problem you have is behind the storage area you have your recvr in, is Fiberglass ... the outer shell of the Motorhome and it heats up the area ....
I put mine there for convenience sake a few years back and have since decided to move it to the basement, will it help, I hope so, too soon to tell.

the problem you have is behind the storage area you have your recvr in, is Fiberglass ... the outer shell of the Motorhome and it heats up the area ....
I put mine there for convenience sake a few years back and have since decided to move it to the basement, will it help, I hope so, too soon to tell.

Your right that is the problem. I only have it in the Motor Home when I am traveling in the summer. This summer in KY it was over 100 and that sun was shinning right across the area where the DVR is.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)