Receiver w/NSTC tuner?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

alta

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2004
I have D* along with basic cable. I'm looking to swap out my basic RCA receiver (DRD435RH) with one that has a built in NTSC tuner that will recognize and show the cable channels.

Can you folks point me toward the receivers that will do this? I'm not looking to make a major investment so I'll be looking on EBAY.

Thanks

In other words, D* hasn't & doesn't make any SD receivers w/an NTSC tuner.
If you want a receiver with one, you'll need to spring for an HD receiver - all D* HD receivers have a NTSC/ATSC tuner built in.
But obviously, you are NOT going to get one of these FREE... ;) ;)

dishrich said:
In other words, D* hasn't & doesn't make any SD receivers w/an NTSC tuner.
If you want a receiver with one, you'll need to spring for an HD receiver - all D* HD receivers have a NTSC/ATSC tuner built in.
But obviously, you are NOT going to get one of these FREE... ;) ;)

Nope. The HD Tivo (at least) doesn't have NTSC, only ATSC.

fkostyn said:
The new H10 is ATSC only also!

Well THAT sucks - they just keep making this stuff cheaper & cheaper!!! :mad: :mad:
Glad I got my Hughes cheap when I did...

hancox - you are correct about the HD D-Tivo, but since alta was only asking about a non-dvr receiver, I didn't even bring that point up.

Thanks for the input. I can't believe that no one makes or made a basic Sat receiver that also has the NTSC tuner. I can't justify several hundred bucks for an HD receiver that I wouldn't use on an HD TV. :mad:

The sammy 360 can receive both NTSC and unencrypted cable signals. It also receives ATSC. It also has a whole lot of problems though, like FOXHD and ESPNHD.

Jerry

alta said:
Thanks for the input. I can't believe that no one makes or made a basic Sat receiver that also has the NTSC tuner. I can't justify several hundred bucks for an HD receiver that I wouldn't use on an HD TV.

Well don't feel bad - E* did make one SD receiver that did what you wanted (the 5000) but back then, it costs MORE than any of these HD receivers did today! ;) ;) I still have many customers that like these just for that, but since both D* & E* now offer our locals, (or that many have "moved") it's not really a big deal anymore.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)