Receivers left from tenants

Spectrum tried telling me that I had to pay the last tenants bill before they would connect me. I told em that was illegal they didn't care. A call from my lawyer cleared that up real fast
The power company's contention was that I can't order the disconnect of someone else's service, which does make sense. Once the safety guy signed off that it was an abandoned service, they didn't press me for the outstanding bill left by the account holder.

Reactions: raoul5788
The power company's contention was that I can't order the disconnect of someone else's service, which does make sense. Once the safety guy signed off that it was an abandoned service, they didn't press me for the outstanding bill left by the account holder.
I get that... though the old people never disconnected service at the old location left the modem and router there as well maybe they forgot it who knows. They did wind up calling em and got no response from the last owners. I had to go into a store and show proof I owned the place!!! I also returned the old boxes. I basically told em they were full of sh*t

Reactions: NYDutch
glad i got rid of spectrum the difference in stores customer service hardware we have internet only.. can't say anything about phone support had not had to use it yet. but it's like night and day!!! I am a happy customer:).

If I ever moved into a place and found that I couldn't get a service that I was eligible for due to the previous tenant, I'd be livid.
I would too but, addresses do get flagged because of previous tenants. Some CSR's will tell you the status of the address and tell you if it can or can not get service.

I would too but, addresses do get flagged because of previous tenants. Some CSR's will tell you the status of the address and tell you if it can or can not get service.
Should depend on the person's credit as well as how long they been a dtv sub with a good payment history and not the address. The ones that screwed dtv should have to pay a hefty deposit!!!!

Reactions: Jimbo
I agree with you but, It don't work that way. I know a person who went through that same thing. The address was flagged and they could not get cable service at the address. Sometimes it could be from non payment to not returning equipment and ending service earlier than what's on your contract.

Reactions: John2021
I agree with you but, It don't work that way. I know a person who went through that same thing. The address was flagged and they could not get cable service at the address. Sometimes it could be from non payment to not returning equipment and ending service earlier than what's on your contract.

I once had that problem with ELECTRIC service! The previous renter had bypassed the meter so they needed to go though some long multi week verification process. I had to find a different house!

It does happen. Some tv providers and utilities do flag properties because of previous tenants relationship with them.
It does happen. Once I rented this apartment and went down to have the gas turned on and they refused because there was a bill owing from a former tenant. Ridiculous.

Reactions: TheTechGuru
I've had that issue once in awhile back in the Pots business.
I come to turn service on for a New sub and find that the Old Sub hasn't turned it off yet.
I was a nice guy usually and moved the drop to the New location and let the old tenant deal with the bill the next month.

Reactions: NYDutch
When I bought my house, the contractor who had remodeled the house, before I bought it had illegally turned the power on to do the remodel. I gave them his name and phone number and they sent him the bill. He got mad at me for giving them his name and address. I told him that it was either him or me and it was his bill. I guess he paid it, since I never heard anymore from the power company.

i had these situations happen. i threatened em with legal action for them trying to make me pay for someone elses bill... that woke em up real fast!!!

Ide check my local landlord tenant laws. You might be required to hold onto there crap for a certain period of time. Even though you were the nice guy by sending there boxes back they might try and sue you for getting rid of there stuff. There's no end to what people will sue you for it's endless!!!

Which is just plain stupid ...
That type of thing should go with the person, why should a bad crdit or lack of payment be held to a loction, its the person that didn't pay it, not the location.

That would be like if i had bad credit, I move to another house and my credit is no longer bad ...

Probably just like the power company people say they are leaving the address and then put services under a different family member and rinse and repeat history of bad payments. It’s sucks but I think that is the reason they do it.

Probably just like the power company people say they are leaving the address and then put services under a different family member and rinse and repeat history of bad payments. It’s sucks but I think that is the reason they do it.
they also do it to get the new customer deals as well;)

That's usually where the landlord has to get involved and let them know that a totally different new tenant has moved in.

Reactions: Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts