Receivers that decode AC-3 and output on L/R

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
hey guys, gonna be setting up a little playroom/movie room for my girls and I wanna have the PBS and SOAC available in there. But it's just gonna be a TV and receiver, so I need a receiver that does the internal decoding of AC-3 and outputs over L/R RCA plugs.

I know there are a few, but trying to search that in the Review section is cumbersome for me today. :)

Anyways, just looking for what receviers we know of that do what I am asking. Specifically, does the Visionsat do that as I would love to have a PVR in there to record some PBS kids shows.

The Visionsat does not decode the AC-3. I just got one of the Sonic Voom headphone units from Ebay and hooked it to my Visionsat, it works great for AC-3 decoding, you can hook it up w/RCA plugs and it was less than $20 shipped. :)

HD boxes will decode it as is..no extra equiment needed
I don't know of any SD only boxes that do

Dang. I thought I remembered reading one or two SD's that did for some reason. Well, Since it's gonna be on some known stuff I won't need blindscan, I can probably pick up an extra HD box somewhere in the next couple months. Hopefully by then the bottom will drop out the pirate market.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)