receiving c band channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

krisman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
tn
i have my sv 360 and fortec 36" working now, i can get most all of the ku channels but there are a couple on c band that i would like to have. they assured me that the dish would pick up c and ku band. i really need some help though. how do i go about picking up c band and if the use a different frequency or not? i think sonicview is made for kuband only. so would a coolsat 6000 or a traxis 3500 pick up c band?

36"fortec star, Invacom Quad Polar LNB, and sg 2100

Your receiver can do it, no problem, but you need a bigger Dish, usually 6 foot or larger, and a C Band LNB.
Who assured you that the "Dish" would do C Band?

some agent i talked to online said that. a motor would not pull a 6 foot dish though would it? and how would i go about looking for a cband dish? sounds like a lot of work changing the dish and all.

C-not only c-band to some

They prob were confusing c-as in circular ports on that lnbf with c-band, two diff things. As stated, you need a bigger dish and a c-band lnb or lnbf.

well let me ask ths. will a c band dish pick up ku? and my sg 2100 motor wouldnt pull this dish at all?

as long as the mesh is small (you cant slide a pencil through it) then you should be OK

no way the SG2100 moves the 6 footer. It dies on a 120cm dish ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts