receiving c band channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

krisman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
tn
i have my sv 360 and fortec 36" working now, i can get most all of the ku channels but there are a couple on c band that i would like to have. they assured me that the dish would pick up c and ku band. i really need some help though. how do i go about picking up c band and if the use a different frequency or not? i think sonicview is made for kuband only. so would a coolsat 6000 or a traxis 3500 pick up c band?

36"fortec star, Invacom Quad Polar LNB, and sg 2100

Your receiver can do it, no problem, but you need a bigger Dish, usually 6 foot or larger, and a C Band LNB.
Who assured you that the "Dish" would do C Band?

some agent i talked to online said that. a motor would not pull a 6 foot dish though would it? and how would i go about looking for a cband dish? sounds like a lot of work changing the dish and all.

C-not only c-band to some

They prob were confusing c-as in circular ports on that lnbf with c-band, two diff things. As stated, you need a bigger dish and a c-band lnb or lnbf.

well let me ask ths. will a c band dish pick up ku? and my sg 2100 motor wouldnt pull this dish at all?

as long as the mesh is small (you cant slide a pencil through it) then you should be OK

no way the SG2100 moves the 6 footer. It dies on a 120cm dish ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts