Reception/ Picture Quality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SteveBarcik

Original poster
Apr 20, 2005
I have had terrible cable service. We have blocking and sound drop outs on HD and SD.

Does D* have any of this reoccurring picture glitches, even small ones?

SteveBarcik said:
I have had terrible cable service. We have blocking and sound drop outs on HD and SD.

I have only seen this twice in almost 8 years of service from them. The HD is somewhat poor right now, but this will change rapidly. If you have a TV 36" or larger you will see a substantial difference with satellite over cable.

Voom had problems with this like you would never believe ... they actually made cable look ok (IMHO).

SteveBarcik said:

I had picture and audio dropouts for a few seconds and the picture was rather dark with the Directv H10 when the box was hooked up through hdmi. So did many other folks.
After going through the component hook up I have had no trouble.

When I first got my HD STB (not DVR), it would lock up once a week... But that only lasted for 3 weeks, been fine for 3 months now.

And the HD PQ is severely downsampled from D*. I asked them to discount my HD package 50% to reflect the downsampling they do to the picture, and they said to go pound sand... So I cancelled my HD package, as they really don't have too much to offer there, anyway. Have to re-add when football season comes along, though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts