OTHER Recommend a new FTA reciever

mr_rye89

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 5, 2020
Central New Mexico
I have a GTMedia 7 Plus that's slow and buggy, gives me bad audio/garbled video ONLY on the 125w HD PBS Mux. I was eye balling the Amiko Mini H265 but they seem to have disappeared. The Edision Mio looks cool but lacks analog video out. I'd also like to manually enter PIDs for audio to get the Muzak channels. Any suggestions?

Well unfortunately for you one of the best features of a MIO 4K is a good reason to buy a new 4K TV ;) I guess they figure that if you are going to buy a 4K receiver you are not hooking it up to an old analogue TV set, so no need for those connections. ;) Time to take the plunge and upgrade it all :)

Reactions: c-spand
I was eye balling the Amiko Mini H265 but they seem to have disappeared.
That is because I sold over 30 in about a week and a half. ;) I think Orby had something to do with this. I should have more on Friday. So, no they have not disappeared. I sell normally about 20 units a month.
I also, have the 4K version now, for a bit more if you are interested.
This looks bad, but sold the case and half I had of those last week when the HD265 ran out. All should be restocked by Friday though. :)

Here is my ebay link to the 4K version if you want to read about it: (Hint, it is just like the HD265 but does 4K)
I was going to do a thread here about the new 4K unit, but waiting till stock is replenished. :D

Can’t upgrade my vintage TV collection, I do have a D-ILA projector for HD, but I’d like to see FTA on the ‘67 RCA...... a big direct view lcd ruins the aesthetic of my A/V system

Attachments

• B1C4CBEB-E057-4237-A991-C744F1D61893.jpeg
    B1C4CBEB-E057-4237-A991-C744F1D61893.jpeg
    307.6 KB · Views: 209
That is because I sold over 30 in about a week and a half. ;) I think Orby had something to do with this. I should have more on Friday. So, no they have not disappeared. I sell normally about 20 units a month.
This looks bad, but sold the case and half I had of those last week when the HD265 ran out. All should be restocked by Friday though. :)

Here is my ebay link to the 4K version if you want to read about it: (Hint, it is just like the HD265 but does 4K)
I was going to do a thread here about the new 4K unit, but waiting till stock is replenished. :D

Fits the bill perfectly! As soon as their back in stock I’m getting one.

Reactions: FTA4PA and KE4EST

Hi, I'm also interested in the HD265. Is there a way I can be notified when they come in or should I just check eBay on Friday for the listing. As an FTA installer, I've bought them from you before. I just recently bought the last one from you a few weeks ago. My name is Scott Scheidt, on eBay I would have bought it from you as the username phonosnradios. Thanks, Scott

Hi, I'm also interested in the HD265. Is there a way I can be notified when they come in or should I just check eBay on Friday for the listing. As an FTA installer, I've bought them from you before. I just recently bought the last one from you a few weeks ago. My name is Scott Scheidt, on eBay I would have bought it from you as the username phonosnradios. Thanks, Scott
Yes, just watch the ebay listing.

I received my Mini 4K S2X this afternoon. I disconnected the NanoHD, connected the Mini 4K, made a backup, and began setup. It's working well.

Can the AMIKO 3606-3612 ALI EDITOR that I've been using for the NanoHD and HD-8240 be used for the Mini 4K SX? It appears to work but before I write anything back to the Mini 4K I want to make sure it won't corrupt anything.

Except for a small crack in the remote control battery cover (which I can put some epoxy over) everything looks great.

Can the AMIKO 3606-3612 ALI EDITOR that I've been using for the NanoHD and HD-8240 be used for the Mini 4K SX?
Yes.
Except for a small crack in the remote control battery cover
Sorry to hear about that, I can send you a new one if you need it. I use a remote here in the shop to set all of them before I ship. So, I don't even mess with the remote in the box.

Reactions: FTA4PA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Latest posts