Recommendation for Retailer & Installer Needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Morecowbell75

Original poster
Jun 7, 2015
New York
I am moving to a new home in Westchester County in NY. My system will have a DVR, 3 Genie clients and 3 or 4 HD boxes.

The owner of the house has an old Directv Dish that he no longer uses (I think it is quite old) and a photo of where it is installed is attached.

I would like the Dish to be in same place (and it might be the only spot that works), but from reading threads on this forum, it seems as if installers directly through Directv will be unwilling to go to that location on the roof. Hence, I am seeking a recommendation for a 3rd party retailer/installer for my area (Zip Code 10514).

Thanks in advance.
dtv.jpg

Pretty sure the dish can go anywhere on the edge of the house. But you are right, if you get an installer that follows the "book" he wont get up there.

how much space is there between the fence and that nearer roof line? might be able to put it there instead. plus its not like they will be able to use the same mount, so its going to be a whole new set of holes anyway *shrug*.

Do you think I have a sight-line on the lower section of the roof?
More than likely ...
Keep in mind that the lower roof is actually the steeper one.
The roof that its on now may not be all that bad ...
That said, I thought D* had a policy about not going on the roofs to do installs, as in work from the ladder.
That could be a agreement with the contractors and not D*, I don't know.

Do you think I have a sight-line on the lower section of the roof?

its all about the geometry. if you drew an invisible line from the dish to the satellite, anything above that line will (in this case) have better LOS because your going higher over the trees. since that line is probably ~35 degrees (guessing) or more, its not hard to achieve.

Status
Please reply by conversation.