Recommended equipment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

grantsa4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2007
Naperville, IL
For a new install with 2 rooms with hd TVs would you recommend getting a genie hd Dvr and a genie mini?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I personally don't like the clients, so i would get 2 hd dvr's. either a "genie" and another hd dvr(7 total tuners) or just get 2 standard hd dvr's(4 total tuners)

If I get a genie and a hd Dvr I have to pay for the hd Dvr though, correct?

If you get a Genie and a client and have issues with the Genie, you may be sol for recording. With two dvrs, you are most likely going to have one of them working.

If you were in a situation where you could only provide cable wiring to one room,then the C41W Wireless Client is available. What that means is that you'd need 2 cable wires in the room where you'd place the Genie(there's no reason not to get a Genie),one cable would be for the Genie,& the other cable would be for the Wireless Video Bridge http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...e-DVR-Receiver-(WVB)&c=DIRECTV Receivers&sku= ,then you only need to hook up the wireless client http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...-DVR-Receiver-(C41W)&c=DIRECTV Receivers&sku= to your TV without worrying about putting a cable into that room. Of course if you do put a cable into your second room to use,then go with a HD DVR like the HR24 http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...)-HD-DVR&c=DIRECTV Receivers&sku=085463000521 so that you won't go without TV if either the Genie or HR24 goes down.

I suggest that by saying "two DVRS" the posters actually mean "one genie plus one DVR". If it is the same price. Just saying not "one genie plus one client".

I'd think that the ONLY Client worth getting would be the wireless one(or an RVU capable TV,if you already have one). The wireless client if you cannot add a cable connection to your second room.

genie
and either hr24 or h24

no clients recommended. losing a tuner in the genie should be a deal breaker

I personally hate the H25.
1 SWM Only
2 No component output
3 No built in RF remote receiver.
4 No Ethernet.

A 10-pin to Component Dongle & a RF Remote Dongle Adapter(both unfortunately sold separately if you don't ask for them from the installer during initial set-up) will remedy numbers 2 & 3 on your list. I do have a H25,along with a H24,& I like them both equally.

Grantsa,
Personally, If your gonna get a Genie, I would Expect a HR44 and I would go with a HR24 to go with it.
This gives you 7 working tuners.

You'll get a SWM Slimline Dish to go with it.

A client takes away a tuner from the 5 the Genie has, a HR24 doesn't.

The HR24 WILL cost you outright normally.

Grantsa,
Personally, If your gonna get a Genie, I would Expect a HR44 and I would go with a HR24 to go with it.
This gives you 7 working tuners.

You'll get a SWM Slimline Dish to go with it.

A client takes away a tuner from the 5 the Genie has, a HR24 doesn't.

The HR24 WILL cost you outright normally.

But worth it in the long run.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)