Reconfiguring setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AMike

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
Metro Atlanta
I am considering reconfiguration of my DirecTV setup. I have the HS17 (Genie 2) which surprisingly I have not had issues with over the 2 plus years that I have had it installed. I guess I am one of the few out there!

I do have a lot of televisions in my home and all are connected to a receiver. At times, I run into a problem where most receivers are in use and I run out of available receivers.

I know with the HS17 that I am restricted to 7 receivers in use at one time. I have read that there is no way to add to this existing setup by adding additional DVRs or receivers.

Here is my setup:

1-HS17/100
1-C61K-700
7-C41W

Keeping wireless receivers is paramount since there is no cabling in rooms where several of the C41Ws are located.

What recommendations are there to expand my capacity? Or should I ditch the HS17, and go with the Genie 1? Thank you in advance for your replies.

i would swap the hs17 for an hr54
and add h25's or hr 24s
i would also get rid of as many minis as possible, run cables, and ditch the wireless

Reactions: I WANT MORE
Normally, no. And mdram's suggestion is unrealistic since you would have to buy at least five receivers.

see my post. Even if Directv allows him to go with the HR54 it will be very expensive to buy all the receivers
since he already has too many clients for an HR54

see my post. Even if Directv allows him to go with the HR54 it will be very expensive to buy all the receivers
since he already has too many clients for an HR54
I presume I would need 3 clients for an HR54. Here's what I am thinking about a future set-up:

1-HR54
1-C61K
2-H24 or 25s
2-HR24
3-C41W

I have a 4K lmb slimline 3 dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts