Recorded programs gone

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

nmosterhaus

Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Did anyone else lose everything they had recorded after last night's software upgrade?

I had recorded Boston Legal on the 9th and when I went to view it later that night, the recording showed for an hr, but all that played was a gray screen!!! And this episode is not viewable on the computer at abc either!!:mad:

But I didn't force the upgrade. Last update I had was on 12/20

Looks like it records But it doesn't

I have had a problem in the last few days where items set to record (either for a series or a single show) appear to record - the record light is on and the show appears in the list of recorded shows, but when I try to watch all I get is a question about do I want to delete. There is nothing I can do to watch the "recorded" program. It seems to be a problem limited to only local HD satellite channels, but it may go beyond that.

Anyone seen this?

Anyone know what is going on?

I have had a problem in the last few days where items set to record (either for a series or a single show) appear to record - the record light is on and the show appears in the list of recorded shows, but when I try to watch all I get is a question about do I want to delete. There is nothing I can do to watch the "recorded" program. It seems to be a problem limited to only local HD satellite channels, but it may go beyond that.

Anyone seen this?

Anyone know what is going on?

I have seen this, I thought it was addrerssed with the latest update that D* sent out.
Were you able to grab the download the other night ?

Jimbo

i havent had any problems with mine since i did the upgrade the other day. thank god because i was getting tired of rebooting everyday.

I did not get the update and from the other posts I have seen it appears that I can't force the download now. I'm on the east coast and gather that I have to wait until the update is released nationwide.

Am I wrong - can I force the download now?

I did not get the update and from the other posts I have seen it appears that I can't force the download now. I'm on the east coast and gather that I have to wait until the update is released nationwide.

Am I wrong - can I force the download now?

You could have downloaded a release Candidate last night and also tonight , as for right now, NO, only during perticular hours

Jimbo

I recorded four HD programs via satellite (not OTA) this evening and lost one of them -- the premiere of American Idol. Fortunately, the recording I lost was the NY feed, and I was able to tune in OTA and only missed a few minutes. Still, I was royally ticked off, as this is just the latest of a non-stop stream of bugs. I've had to reboot the receiver approximately every other day because of black screens of death and frozen receiver syndrome -- and that doesn't even take into account constant pixelation, garbled sound, missing programs, and now this problem, which happened to me for the first time tonight.

I've had the HR-20 for a couple of months now and have concluded that it is a worthless pile of garbage.

Was the update for the HR10 or the HR20?

I recorded four HD programs via satellite (not OTA) this evening and lost one of them -- the premiere of American Idol. Fortunately, the recording I lost was the NY feed, and I was able to tune in OTA and only missed a few minutes. Still, I was royally ticked off, as this is just the latest of a non-stop stream of bugs. I've had to reboot the receiver approximately every other day because of black screens of death and frozen receiver syndrome -- and that doesn't even take into account constant pixelation, garbled sound, missing programs, and now this problem, which happened to me for the first time tonight.

I've had the HR-20 for a couple of months now and have concluded that it is a worthless pile of garbage.
What update do you have on your reciever ?
There hopefully will be another one coming along real soon.
You should be getting version OX 119 or one close to that.
I downloaded it last Sunday and have had NO problems with the HR20-700 since, I wasn't having much trouble to start with, but the two thing I was having trouble with, appear to be fixed.

Jimbo

I agree with everything you said. Last night I taped the HD version via satellite of Medium and just got the Do you want to delete message when trying to play it. I am so tired of having to restart the receiver almost daily. All I can say is I'm glad I have an HR-250 that I can use for OTA HD without problems.

I have the latest firmware -- 119, and have been faithfully upgrading everytime a new version has been made available.

Last night I turned on the TV to yet another black screen. That's three nights in a row I've had to reboot for various reasons! I really miss my Expressvu 9200!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)