Recorded programs gone

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nmosterhaus

Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Did anyone else lose everything they had recorded after last night's software upgrade?

I had recorded Boston Legal on the 9th and when I went to view it later that night, the recording showed for an hr, but all that played was a gray screen!!! And this episode is not viewable on the computer at abc either!!:mad:

But I didn't force the upgrade. Last update I had was on 12/20

Looks like it records But it doesn't

I have had a problem in the last few days where items set to record (either for a series or a single show) appear to record - the record light is on and the show appears in the list of recorded shows, but when I try to watch all I get is a question about do I want to delete. There is nothing I can do to watch the "recorded" program. It seems to be a problem limited to only local HD satellite channels, but it may go beyond that.

Anyone seen this?

Anyone know what is going on?

I have had a problem in the last few days where items set to record (either for a series or a single show) appear to record - the record light is on and the show appears in the list of recorded shows, but when I try to watch all I get is a question about do I want to delete. There is nothing I can do to watch the "recorded" program. It seems to be a problem limited to only local HD satellite channels, but it may go beyond that.

Anyone seen this?

Anyone know what is going on?

I have seen this, I thought it was addrerssed with the latest update that D* sent out.
Were you able to grab the download the other night ?

Jimbo

i havent had any problems with mine since i did the upgrade the other day. thank god because i was getting tired of rebooting everyday.

I did not get the update and from the other posts I have seen it appears that I can't force the download now. I'm on the east coast and gather that I have to wait until the update is released nationwide.

Am I wrong - can I force the download now?

I did not get the update and from the other posts I have seen it appears that I can't force the download now. I'm on the east coast and gather that I have to wait until the update is released nationwide.

Am I wrong - can I force the download now?

You could have downloaded a release Candidate last night and also tonight , as for right now, NO, only during perticular hours

Jimbo

I recorded four HD programs via satellite (not OTA) this evening and lost one of them -- the premiere of American Idol. Fortunately, the recording I lost was the NY feed, and I was able to tune in OTA and only missed a few minutes. Still, I was royally ticked off, as this is just the latest of a non-stop stream of bugs. I've had to reboot the receiver approximately every other day because of black screens of death and frozen receiver syndrome -- and that doesn't even take into account constant pixelation, garbled sound, missing programs, and now this problem, which happened to me for the first time tonight.

I've had the HR-20 for a couple of months now and have concluded that it is a worthless pile of garbage.

Was the update for the HR10 or the HR20?

I recorded four HD programs via satellite (not OTA) this evening and lost one of them -- the premiere of American Idol. Fortunately, the recording I lost was the NY feed, and I was able to tune in OTA and only missed a few minutes. Still, I was royally ticked off, as this is just the latest of a non-stop stream of bugs. I've had to reboot the receiver approximately every other day because of black screens of death and frozen receiver syndrome -- and that doesn't even take into account constant pixelation, garbled sound, missing programs, and now this problem, which happened to me for the first time tonight.

I've had the HR-20 for a couple of months now and have concluded that it is a worthless pile of garbage.
What update do you have on your reciever ?
There hopefully will be another one coming along real soon.
You should be getting version OX 119 or one close to that.
I downloaded it last Sunday and have had NO problems with the HR20-700 since, I wasn't having much trouble to start with, but the two thing I was having trouble with, appear to be fixed.

Jimbo

I agree with everything you said. Last night I taped the HD version via satellite of Medium and just got the Do you want to delete message when trying to play it. I am so tired of having to restart the receiver almost daily. All I can say is I'm glad I have an HR-250 that I can use for OTA HD without problems.

I have the latest firmware -- 119, and have been faithfully upgrading everytime a new version has been made available.

Last night I turned on the TV to yet another black screen. That's three nights in a row I've had to reboot for various reasons! I really miss my Expressvu 9200!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)