Recording canceled? What the h*ll?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Skip Laughlin

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2004
I had set my HR21-700 to record all NASCAR races in the series. It recorded the Nationwide race yesterday as it should have. I double checked on Friday that today's race was scheduled to record. It was.

Went out for the afternoon today, came home, got a suitable refreshment, and plopped down in front of the TV to watch the race. Oops, it is not in the "List". Looking in "History", the entry for today is marked "Canceled". No reason was stated.

I noticed that another program had been canceled from 10 AM this morning and the reason cited was "Another matching program was scheduled to record (10)". And there was not a matching program scheduled.

DTV advanced tech support has only two possible explanations: the receiver had some sort of signal interference at the time it started to record (it is a beautiful, warm, cloudless, no wind day in North Texas) or the receiver was resetting itself due to power loss.

My power has not been off for at least 2 weeks. I can tell because I have two really sensitive devices in the house that begin flashing if the power even blinks.

I told them to make a note on my account and it this recurs, I will be asking for (another) replacement DVR.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I had set my HR21-700 to record all NASCAR races in the series. It recorded the Nationwide race yesterday as it should have. I double checked on Friday that today's race was scheduled to record. It was.

Went out for the afternoon today, came home, got a suitable refreshment, and plopped down in front of the TV to watch the race. Oops, it is not in the "List". Looking in "History", the entry for today is marked "Canceled". No reason was stated.

I noticed that another program had been canceled from 10 AM this morning and the reason cited was "Another matching program was scheduled to record (10)". And there was not a matching program scheduled.

DTV advanced tech support has only two possible explanations: the receiver had some sort of signal interference at the time it started to record (it is a beautiful, warm, cloudless, no wind day in North Texas) or the receiver was resetting itself due to power loss.

My power has not been off for at least 2 weeks. I can tell because I have two really sensitive devices in the house that begin flashing if the power even blinks.

I told them to make a note on my account and it this recurs, I will be asking for (another) replacement DVR.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I have never had my HR20-700 miss a recording unless it was operator error. It's been solid as a rock when I've needed it.

From time to time it will miss a program that I have set to record, but those are always reruns, and I was unaware of it at the time and I have mine set to only record NEW shows.

Jimbo

You also might want to get this moved into the DirecTV DVR area for more eyes on it per the subject matter as opposed to the HD thread.

I have never missed or had a recording canceled unless I screwed up or other family member accidentally pressed the wrong button.

You also might want to get this moved into the DirecTV DVR area for more eyes on it per the subject matter as opposed to the HD thread.

I have never missed or had a recording canceled unless I screwed up or other family member accidentally pressed the wrong button.

Charper,
IF you have a HD rec. and it's also a DVR, how do you determine which thread to post in ?
I gues in this case, the question is partaining to DVR funtions , but it's not always that easily determined.

Jimbo

Well I have always used this rule of thumb to maximize the viewing of my post based on subject;

Anything with a DVR (except CE) = DVR Thread

CE = CE

HD w/o DVR = HD Thread.

Anything general DirecTV w/o DVR or HD = Regular DirecTV Thread

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)