Recording Two Programs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jjudson

Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
I just got the new HD DVR receiver installed yesterday. The manual says that you can record two programs at once while watching another. I have two satellite inputs to the receiver - but no over the air antenna. When I try to program the list guide to record two programs at once, it tells me I have to delete the other previously scheduled recording session before I can proceed. Why is this?

Are you trying to record two programs and watch a third live tv program or one that has been previously recorded? If the third is live tv, you won't be able to do that without stopping one of the recordings. If the third program is already recorded and in your play list, you can do that. If your having trouble just getting the two recordings to happen, you might have a bad tuner in your dvr. There have been reports of those here.

What i'm trying to do is:

I have one program scheduled to record today on Directv channel 255 at 1:30 pm. I tried to schedule a second recording to happen on channel 12 - a local channel fed through the dish - at the same 1:30 pm time slot. When I do that, it comes up and says: "Your requested recording conflicts with other scheduled programs. To record it, cancel a previously scheduled program." Below that, it lists the conflicting scheduled program. There's only one on the list - the program on 255 previously scheduled at 1:30 pm.

Are both turners ofor the dvr hooked up

make sure both tuners are hooked up and if they are check the set up and make sure the set up is right. when they hooked mine up hr20 they hooked both tuners up but did not have the setup right and all i did was repeat sat set up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)