Recording won't erase...

LDBecker

Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Los Angeles area
Hello, and thank you for this helpful forum.

I've had my 922 for a few weeks, and really hadn't noticed any issues, but today I was recording a movie, decided I didn't like it and stopped the recording. When I tried to delete the partial recording, it just hung on the deleting screen. It would eventually let me exit out of it and resume watching whatever, but I can't get rid of that program.

I THOUGHT I had read of someone else having this issue, but I couldn't find it in the forum. Is there some way around this? Do I need to do a reset with the button on the front of the 922, or unplug it, or what?

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,

Larry

Hello, and thank you for this helpful forum.

I've had my 922 for a few weeks, and really hadn't noticed any issues, but today I was recording a movie, decided I didn't like it and stopped the recording. When I tried to delete the partial recording, it just hung on the deleting screen. It would eventually let me exit out of it and resume watching whatever, but I can't get rid of that program.

I THOUGHT I had read of someone else having this issue, but I couldn't find it in the forum. Is there some way around this? Do I need to do a reset with the button on the front of the 922, or unplug it, or what?

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,

Larry
I have a recording that was supposed to be Rookie Blue. It indicates 16 hours and 57 mins. The icon showed it to still be recording Friday morning. I got that stopped and tried to watch it. Took me to Live TV. Now the icon has the little green arrowhead indicating it's being watched. I can't delete it. And I tried the front panel reset, check switch test and unplugging. 3 or 4 times. Nothing helped. That coupled with EPG problems and misfired timers resulted in Dish sending me another unit. Should be here Wed.

Erase problem resolved itself...

Thought I'd post back that today when I tried to erase the program it worked properly. Erased a few more just because and they also deleted properly. I wonder if there was some download that reset the receiver or took care of the problem...

In any case, problem solved!

Larry

I had it happen once. I unplugged the unit from the wall, plugged it back in, and then it let me delete it :)

I had this exact same thing. Has only happened to me once, so far, as well. Unplugging fixed the issue.

I REALLY want to thank all you folks for working out the bugs in this thing. Maybe one day I'll get one, and profit from all your hard work. Today, I just want to watch TV, not fiddle with it to get it to work right. Not to mention how upset other household members might get if they had to deal with such things.

This happened to me two days ago, and it finally let me delete. Now the smart card has failed showing all Zeros. The tech support indicated that there are known issues at this time. I will have a new unit in a couple of days.

Does anybody have problems deleting shows from the dish remote access? Everything seems to work except when i delete a show it pops up and error has occurred. I can delete shows off of our 622 via remote access but not the 922?