Red Notice on RTN Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So are all the other channels we get now going to be just what were seeing now or what? is it RTN that supplies the programming to Equity or what. I thought they were one in the same. ????

I always thought they were one and the same, with Luken owning some of the stations. Guess we'll find out what kind of programming the ex-RTNs will have in the coming days. Hopefully, your weather will improve to get your dish re-pointed, and the signal will increase on AMC9 enough for me NOT to have to re-arrange my dishes/LNBs!

We just have a black screen now on OTA in Tulsa for KTUL8.3. Doesn't surprise me, usually no one there on the weekends to do something technical like a re-point. Hopefully tomorrow someone gets them pointed to the new feeds at 83W. 29 degrees outside and windy, I don't want to go re-point my dish either.

I always thought they were one and the same, with Luken owning some of the stations. Guess we'll find out what kind of programming the ex-RTNs will have in the coming days. Hopefully, your weather will improve to get your dish re-pointed, and the signal will increase on AMC9 enough for me NOT to have to re-arrange my dishes/LNBs!

From what I've been hearing the signal is borderline on even the best setups. The 90 always did well on 87 deg when I had it on PBS a while ago and I heard they were weak, I never noticed. So maybe it will get 30 to 40 Q on RTN. I wonder what there using to uplink since it's so weak. If it's going to stay this way there going to have to bump the signal up some. Gary was looking for a 1 meter dish so I figure thats the minimum they were figuring using at the stations. If there using a one meter and getting a 50%Q in good weather it will be wiped out with bad weather. So that wont fly for them There going to have to make some improvements, which will be good for you and all of us. Sometimes this hobby becomes a big hassle especially in the winter. :eek:

This prompted me to look at WSB OTA and it has Lobo on. The WSB on G28 has the Red Screen of Death
maybe they are getting it from AMC9, because it's the same show...??

very possible...Its been confirmed that one of the KU ones with the red screen is working fine at the customers local over the air area

So are all the other channels we get now going to be just what were seeing now or what? is it RTN that supplies the programming to Equity or what. I thought they were one in the same. ????

They were one in the same but Equity sold RTN to Luken (their former CEO) with the notion they (Equity) would buy RTN back in 6 months.

The Equity owned stations are still on the air on G18 & G3 but the "RTN fed" stations are red screened

RTN and Mynet or whatever it was called are off here in Florida Panhandle near the Panama City area. Used to pick up RTN through analog only since their digital signal was too weak to reach my house. But now it is giving me a message that the channel has been deactivated and will no longer be aired anymore.

RTN and Mynet or whatever it was called are off here in Florida Panhandle near the Panama City area. Used to pick up RTN through analog only since their digital signal was too weak to reach my house. But now it is giving me a message that the channel has been deactivated and will no longer be aired anymore.

Welcome :wave

There is some confusion in your post.....what channel was it?
There is a RTN in Panama City on 51 (WBIF) but Equity owns that channel and its still up (accoirding to this post http://www.satelliteguys.us/1649151-post45.html the actual feed from satellite is still up)

Also that channel doesnt have a digital channel yet. They're just on analog. The My Network affiliate is a subchannel off the NBC affiliate WJHG Channel 7 (according to wikipedia)

still have the red screen on WPXS with dishnet.... needless to say I'm really pondering plugging in my OTA antenna and see if WPXS is off on it or not too.

not to meantion I would not want to be our local satellite repair guy tomorrow morning.... needless to say his phones very well could be ringing off the hook.

RTN trying to make us happy because they know we love that channel??

I'm guessing it's more of a stopgap -- they've got to throw something to channels demanding they deliver programming. If this continues for too much longer it could mean losing a lot of affiliates. If, on the other hand, they can say "sit tight, hang out with some classic rock vids, and we're going to get this settled ASAP" with Retrojams up....possibly while they reconfigure their stations to beam @ 83 West....the damage may be minimal.

Speaking of which, I hope they can boost the signal on that thing - it doesn't even blip on my setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)