Red Notice on RTN Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I saw/heard that also on Magnum PI. Everything seemed a bit off with the program. Must have been a very early one.

I have been watching Adam 12 and a few others and they are all showing earlier episodes instead of continuing where they left off. Do you think this has anything to do with the fact that Universal is not being paid for their programming from Equaity. If so, the same thing that happen with the CBS shows could happen with these. And then Lucan will have to find new programming. Dennis

The pilot episode of Magnum, P.I. features a different opening credits sequence. Various shots are shown through the outline of Magnum's ring cross (kind of like a T but with two horizontal bars)...

Re Scan for Rtn

I did a rescan on my receiver to see if there were any changes this week. I notice some of the former RTN channels with the red screen now show up as Channel 12, Channel 14 etc...for an ID. No longer their former call letters. WOI showns up as RTN on my receiver for the channel Id. It will be interesting to see where all this goes in the next few weeks to a month or so. Thanks! Blind:)

Anyone think Equity will be bought by Luken?

I am following all this, and im no expert, but it seems like it is near the end for Equity. With them owing so much money to Intelsat, not being able to get money up to make the digital switch on some stations, and them not being able to pay for their programming, it seems like they'll be a lot of their stations going dark OTA and on the satellite. Do you think that Luken will buy out Equity (since he does have a big share in it), or at least come in and buy the CASH system, so they he will have a redundant system for RTN? doesn't seem like too far fetched of an idea... but then again, I'm no expert. :)

I'm a hobbyist just monday morning quarterbacking...

Well, if I were the RTN owner, that might be an idea after the creditors were handled through bankruptcy. But how will Luken get funds to do that?

As far as the C.A.S.H. system goes, that is kind of old technology when you consider what PBS is doing. Transponder time is pricey, but so is a new non-real-time system.

When I saw the old RTN, it seemed goofy that quite a few of the feeds were playing the same programming, with the primary difference being commercials... Again, I'm a hobbyist just monday morning quarterbacking...

Buzzards are probably waiting to go after the FCC licenses if they can.

When I saw the old RTN, it seemed goofy that quite a few of the feeds were playing the same programming, with the primary difference being commercials... Again, I'm a hobbyist just monday morning quarterbacking...

there were some differences due to the syndication of some shows that are on other channels in a market...but the stations that mainly showed the same had to be for the different commercials for advertising...normally the affiliate would insert their own but since Equity had them all they need 2 feeds (or more) :)

here is something interesting

on the 12114 transponder if you delete both channels and rescan one shows up as RetroJams (obviously) and the 2nd one that has been a RTN feed (that use to say "WOI") now say

"RTN Turnaround"

hmmmmm.......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)