Reducing Cost...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Stu-Pidaso

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
I am not a Directv customer but my mother is so I am asking in her on her behalf. She currently has 3 DVRs but I am not sure of what package yet. I know one DVR does not get used so she can downgrade that box but I am more interested in knowing what is the cheapest package she can get. I know if you are starting services there is Choice for $29.99 but what is the cost without the 2 year agreement discount? Is there another cheaper package that is not on their site that is less?

Yup, seeing she has more than 1 dvr, changing package won't reduce the cost (other than the package cost, but changing the recvr won't do anything for her.
If she only had 1 DVR and dropped it she would also save the $ 7 DVR fee, but thats not the case here.

Removing the recvr all together would only save her $ 5 p/m.

steecoe said:
Isn't the fee $6 a month now?

Yes, my mistake, it was $5 for soooo long ....

Let's hope THESE kind of increases don't become a Common thing every year.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

DIRECTV yearly increases have been happening every year for many years now.

I pretty sure about it.
At the same time every year someone starts a new thread saying - My DIRECTV monthly bill is going to go up by $x/month - I'm going to call and cancel !! :mad::mad::mad:

DIRECTV yearly increases have been happening every year for many years now.

I pretty sure about it.
At the same time every year someone starts a new thread saying - My DIRECTV monthly bill is going to go up by $x/month - I'm going to call and cancel !! :mad::mad::mad:

IF your responding to MY post, it was clearly mentioned that we were talking about ADDL. RECVR fee's.

You can always just call them and ask if there are anything they can do to help reduce the costs. If she is a long time customer in good standing they will normally do something for you. This most likely would only be a 6 month to 1 year discount but after it was up you could start the whole process again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)