Regarding a Dish Network PVR w/ access card *Please help!

ric0chet06

Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
I have a Dish network PVR on ebay right now, and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to include the yellow access card too. I bought the pvr off of craigslist for dirt cheap, and have been storing it until now. Should i include the card, or would someones account be on it or something? I have like 8 questions from people on ebay regarding the card, i need an answer asap! thank you!

The people asking are likely satellite hackers or pirates. Anyone who buys your receiver and legally activates it can get a new card from Dish for either free or for a small shipping cost.

Have they also asked you about "ROM" numbers and other stuff ?

If you want sell it - provide R00 and S00 numbers by request or add to item description.
Just for info - old blue card are obsolete, new yellow are immune to modification; so don't worry about the questions.

People do this to me all the time and try to keep the access card when they send in their old receivers for credit towards a new one.

I then have to email them or call them and ask for the access card, or I will not issue a credit without the card

The receiver is not worth anything without an access card, if you have the card include it with the auction and be done with it.

As far as people asking for the revisions and the numbers, its your choice. People buying it for ligit purposes will not care, where people buying it for hacking purposes will care. If you give them the numbers, chances you will get more money at the end!

AFAIK Directv cards are worthless because they will not activate them on another account and Dish cards are transferable and something like $50 or $75 to replace.

I've not sold my "spare" receivers on eBay, but I've sold them to friends. I always include the card. Before the transaction, I call Dish and tell them I am selling a unit with card and ask if there is anything the new owner will need to do. Only one time did a new owner have to do anything other than simply call and activate it. It was when Dish changed out cards.... turn in your blue card and get a yellow one of something like that.

The people asking are likely satellite hackers or pirates. Anyone who buys your receiver and legally activates it can get a new card from Dish for either free or for a small shipping cost.

Have they also asked you about "ROM" numbers and other stuff ?

Only if you bitch & moan ( and sometimes that don't work) will you get it for free , other wise it like $50 or $60 , its defiantly a YMMV depending on the CS rep you get :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)