Regional Local News

Status
Please reply by conversation.

i4tas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Northern USA
Only listing English speaking local news on full time FTA channels. Please list any newscasts that I missed. City listed is local region of news, not callsign.

All times Eastern. All episodes are 1/2 hour and daily unless otherwise denoted.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ANIK F3 3920 H 18447 KDEV [Fort Collins, CO] NoCo CBS 5 News @ 10PM (M-F)
ANIK F3 3920 H 18447 WKBI [Louisville, KY] WBKI News @ 11WBKI News @ 10PM
Gal 16 3845 H 15030 WVGN [New York, NY] WNBC NBC 4 News @ 5AM (M-F 1H), 6PM, 11PM
Gal 16 3845 H 15030 WPRU [New York, NY] WABC Eyewitness News @ 6AM (M-F 1H), 5PM (1H), 6PM, 11PM
Gal 16 3845 H 15030 KCWY [Casper, WY] News 13 @ 7:30AM (M-F 1.5H), 7PM, 8PM (M-F), 12AM[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
fixed the Casper location. Its KCWY (not WCWY)....west of Mississippi is a K ;)
(in most cases...there are some grandfathered stations and when you're near the river it gets weird) :)

lets keep it on topic... it was just a typo on the W / K. Anyone know if any of the RTN stations show local news that actually gets uplinked? Otherwise the above might be it.

lets keep it on topic... it was just a typo on the W / K. Anyone know if any of the RTN stations show local news that actually gets uplinked? Otherwise the above might be it.

No problem i4tas, just filling in some blanks for information. It is your thread and we respect that.

On RTN, I think they download the national content to local OTA stations and expect them to fill in the local news (and local commercials) on their own service via the OTA avenue, not via sat.

Sound right to everyone else?

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)