Regional Sports issue where Directv is much better

So I know I read a lot of complaints that a lot of customers had when they could no longer record in SD, as it took up so much less hard drive space. GRanted, almost all of them appeared to be much older, there is still an audience. I personally wouldn't mind the duplicates disappearing, but then companies like Disney couldn't double dip on the SD/HD channels(not all channel owners charge twice).

Reactions: The Fat Man
So I know I read a lot of complaints that a lot of customers had when they could no longer record in SD, as it took up so much less hard drive space. GRanted, almost all of them appeared to be much older, there is still an audience. I personally wouldn't mind the duplicates disappearing, but then companies like Disney couldn't double dip on the SD/HD channels(not all channel owners charge twice).
The thing about that is the way Dish is removing SD duplicates on Eastern Arc is very inconsistent. Some of the SD duplicates (presumably the most "popular" ones) are still available on the 77 satellite, while other channels have no SD feed on Eastern Arc at all. You have to add Western Arc to get those channels in SD. So, it would be nice if Dish would be consistent. Either completely remove all of the SD duplicates from Eastern Arc, or continue to provide all of them on Eastern Arc for as long as they are still being provided on Western Arc.

The thing about that is the way Dish is removing SD duplicates on Eastern Arc is very inconsistent. Some of the SD duplicates (presumably the most "popular" ones) are still available on the 77 satellite, while other channels have no SD feed on Eastern Arc at all. You have to add Western Arc to get those channels in SD. So, it would be nice if Dish would be consistent. Either completely remove all of the SD duplicates from Eastern Arc, or continue to provide all of them on Eastern Arc for as long as they are still being provided on Western Arc.

For what purpose, just because?
Many (I don't know but maybe most) don't even get 77 because DISH did the two satellite EA install or have the Hopper 3 so your wish has come true, they get none of the SD channels from that satellite. Taking them off gives no one more HD channels in this case and some still can get the SD but either way I don't see how makes any difference. If DISH is leaving some locals on 77 maybe they have a reason for putting some SD channels there.

For what purpose, just because?
For the reason that Chad pointed out above, namely the ability to record in SD to save hard drive space. As you said, most EA subscribers probably don't even get 77, and even those who do get that satellite do not get a complete set of SD duplicates. So, either way, some kind of mixed-arc setup would be necessary for those subscribers to continue to be able to record the missing channels in SD, unless they switch over completely to WA. Therefore, leaving the few SD duplicates currently on 77 really serves no purpose. On the other hand, if all of the SD duplicates were still available on EA, that would make it easier for EA subscribers who wish to record in SD, without requiring a mixed-arc setup or an arc flip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)