Regretting Hopper, Maybe Going Back to 722k/211

And for having such a cool looking dog. Is that an Akita?

Yes it sure is. He passed away a couple of years ago and I still miss him. We have a Shiba Inu now who is starting to earn his way into my Avatar eventually. He's not quite two. Basically an Akita in miniature...they act almost exactly the same. :)

Our Dogs have always been literally part of the family...... Don't ever make me choose between certain relatives or my Dog.......

Do they say why? You seem like such a nice person you should get one.... lmao........
Seriously, this is indeed where Dish falls down. Two hoppers, one Joey is no brainer, there should be no question to get that set-up.

Haha, I'm ENTITLED to 2H/1J... :p

They just told me it was not an allowable configuration at this time. I was offered 2H/2J or 1H/2J, but cannot get 2H/1J. I was told I can get the 2H/2J for $200, no install fee. I have thought about scheduling 2H/2J and just refusing the 2nd Joey but I worry that they would refuse to activate 2H/1J knowing my luck.

I agree this setup should be a complete no-brainer.

They just told me it was not an allowable configuration at this time. I was offered 2H/2J or 1H/2J, but cannot get 2H/1J. I was told I can get the 2H/2J for $200, no install fee. I have thought about scheduling 2H/2J and just refusing the 2nd Joey but I worry that they would refuse to activate 2H/1J knowing my luck.

I am 99% sure that Dish will let you activate 2H/1J as many others have successfully done it.

Coach Knight said:

That's what I did. Install appointment was ultimately set set for two and two. I talked to the installer when he got here and explained what I needed and he was able to push through a change on the work order to get it set as 2 hoppers and 1 Joey. I've been enjoying the set up ever since.

Yes it sure is. He passed away a couple of years ago and I still miss him. We have a Shiba Inu now who is starting to earn his way into my Avatar eventually. He's not quite two. Basically an Akita in miniature...they act almost exactly the same. :)
I'm familiar with both breeds, as my wife is Japanese. I'l bet you've seen the movies "Hachiko Monogatari" and the American version "Hachiko: A Dog's Story".

I dare even the toughest guy to watch either without experiencing at least some ocular moisture. </hijack>

If they don't let you refuse one Joey at install, let him install it. Then, cancel one Joey later, and send it back.

Fox 29 in Philly is now fixed. Noticed no half pictures out of sync since last night. So far so good!
Jay

Tampa8 said:
Exactly what I was thinking.

They called me back yesterday. They didn't want to give me 2 hoppers and no joeys. They said I could have my 722's back. I said no problem and thanked them for their help in this matter. I kinda liked some of the features with the hopper system, but the tuners matter more.

Glad it worked out to your satisfaction. :)

I still think it is crazy what Dish is doing with the "no more Hoppers than Joeys" rule. They are shooting themselves in the foot...with a bazooka. If you are going to create a three tuner box you better be smart enough to understand many homes need more than that and allow such configurations.

Coach Knight said:
Glad it worked out to your satisfaction. :)

I still think it is crazy what Dish is doing with the "no more Hoppers than Joeys" rule. They are shooting themselves in the foot...with a bazooka. If you are going to create a three tuner box you better be smart enough to understand many homes need more than that and allow such configurations.

Thanks, I believe your right. I would assume if you had one television in your home , they probably let you have a hopper with no Joey. I I think the idea as a whole ,( hopper / Joey concept ), is a good idea , but at the same time there seems to be a crack in the idea when you get into the area of people " sharing " the tuners in the hopper when the previous setup , 922,722 ect. Each unit had 2 tuners. I even told them I would pay 99.00 for the second hopper. They said they couldn't do it. I said no problem. I didn't want to get stuck with the hopper and one Joey-- or their second option-- two hoppers and two joeys...as I only have 2 tv's. At least the last lady that I worked with was very courteous....after two people dogged me on the phone...I never even mentioned that to her, she started off in a caring manner ,and that was all that mattered to me. I have to give them credit for that...I just wonder how the meeting went in the boardroom,conference call, or whatever ,with some of the issues like mine. Like I said, I think there's a crack in the "rules" of this system setup...but man, I'm more concerned with the gas prices these days. Chris

Thanks, I believe your right. I would assume if you had one television in your home , they probably let you have a hopper with no Joey. I I think the idea as a whole ,( hopper / Joey concept ), is a good idea , but at the same time there seems to be a crack in the idea when you get into the area of people " sharing " the tuners in the hopper when the previous setup , 922,722 ect. Each unit had 2 tuners. I even told them I would pay 99.00 for the second hopper. They said they couldn't do it. I said no problem. I didn't want to get stuck with the hopper and one Joey-- or their second option-- two hoppers and two joeys...as I only have 2 tv's. At least the last lady that I worked with was very courteous....after two people dogged me on the phone...I never even mentioned that to her, she started off in a caring manner ,and that was all that mattered to me. I have to give them credit for that...I just wonder how the meeting went in the boardroom,conference call, or whatever ,with some of the issues like mine. Like I said, I think there's a crack in the "rules" of this system setup...but man, I'm more concerned with the gas prices these days. Chris
Glad it worked out, just make sure you are not signed up for a 2 year contract still.

Our Dogs have always been literally part of the family...... Don't ever make me choose between certain relatives or my Dog.......

Dogs, schmogs, get a couple of cats.
cats two.jpg

Or maybe just one of these:
cat makeup.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)