Remote 2 no longer working

Barry Erick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Dallas
I use 3 different feed on TV2, one to my office, one to the spa room and one to the bedroom. All remotes are programmed to use CH 12 for the remote and Ch21 for the video. The sat unit is in DUAL mode, on the 722 (not K) and the rf on ch 21 is working. I checked the remote listing on System Info and it shows ch 12. I checked the remotes and changed batteries. Using SAT and ## all three remotes for ch 2 (with the 2 tag on them) blink out 12.

And the antenna for TV2 is connected. None of the remotes for TV2 are working and they all did this morning up until about an hour ago.

Question: I do not have maintenance. If this is a receiver problem and the unit is leased, do I still have to pay for it or is it a swap of receivers?
Barry

So, even though I told the cs that I have 3 remotes on TV2 at addr 12, and I walked through what I do to try to change the address on the system Info screen, or check it on the remote.. they are sending a new Remote. THat will be a delay of getting this to work for for a week. I've installed all sorts of satellite equipment and I know what I am doing. Plus, they said if the new remote does not work, then they will send a teck out. They DO NOT want to ship a receiver - they want a tech to come out to verify I have a problem.

The new remote will be received today and then it is another call to dish telling them it doen't work either.. Or maybe just let DIRT know.

So, even though I told the cs that I have 3 remotes on TV2 at addr 12, and I walked through what I do to try to change the address on the system Info screen, or check it on the remote.. they are sending a new Remote. THat will be a delay of getting this to work for for a week. I've installed all sorts of satellite equipment and I know what I am doing. Plus, they said if the new remote does not work, then they will send a teck out. They DO NOT want to ship a receiver - they want a tech to come out to verify I have a problem.

Send me a PM with your account information and I'll get this taken care of for you. This doesn't sound like a remote issue or something that you would need a tech out there for.

Only thing, is how to find DIRT. I know it used to be who's on but I have not seen that information at the botton of the screen for quite a while.

I'm sure that was not there when I looked.. I know what happened. I had the forum open and was sick and went back to bed. After I got up, I sent my message. A few minutes ago I saw his message and just sent him a PM. And thanks for the info on how to see the DIRT members. I knew they were in RED, but could not find where the info was.

Well, the neew remote came. An I-R "Basic!' Remote when I specified DISHPRO. Uhf remote with the "2" side up. A very good reason never to phone dish, but use DIRT.

Replacement receiver arrived this afternoon. No issues. Remote 2 Addr works. Caller ID works. All tuners work. PVR works. Nice unit.

THANKS, DIRT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts