Remote settings restore not working as expected

ThomasTrain

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Ok, I decided to try the remote backup and restore feature on my 722K so I have my fully programmed TV1 remote (20.0) and decide to try to do a backup and then restore my remote information to a replacement 21.0 remote in IR mode.

We'll things didn't go as planned. Although the SAT mode function was automaticlaly configured, none of my other modes were configured and none of the learned codes were restored.

Am I mistaken that the remote restore function is supposed to backup and restore all remote functions including the other moe buttons and learned functions?

Ok, I decided to try the remote backup and restore feature on my 722K so I have my fully programmed TV1 remote (20.0) and decide to try to do a backup and then restore my remote information to a replacement 21.0 remote in IR mode.

We'll things didn't go as planned. Although the SAT mode function was automaticlaly configured, none of my other modes were configured and none of the learned codes were restored.

Am I mistaken that the remote restore function is supposed to backup and restore all remote functions including the other moe buttons and learned functions?
Only the 922's 31 remote has that feature and is only available on the 922. If you still have your old remote you can pull the code by pressing and holding the tv button until all 4 at the top light up then press the # on your remote twice. The tv button will blink you the code. (4 blinks = 4, 7 blinks = 7, a quick blink = 0, etc...)

I understand how to pull the codes off the old remote, however, because a number of the functions, specifically for my AV receiver were custom learned codes, it would be helpful to have the entire remote configuration backed up instead of just the Sat mode which in my case is pretty useless as I know how to reprogram the Sat mode remote address codes like the back of my hand.

Relearning all the codes is a major pain so for now I'll just continue to deal with the IR only remote.

It really is too bad that dish seems to continuously pitch these features that are designed to make all users lives easier, and in many cases they do suceed, however, in this case it appears to have been half-a$$ implemented.

Nice try dish, but next time, do it right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)