Status
Please reply by conversation.

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
I've talked about this remote. It's a URC MX-980. Gonna try and show a couple pics... if I remember how...

ok so they aren't in the right order, but..... image 0034 is the "home" screen. 0037 is what's on screen when we're watching satellite TV.

38, 39, 40 show favorites with station logos.(I have a double in there ....oops)
36 is my devices screen.

I loved the idea of the Harmony remotes using Activities rather than devices to control an AV system. My family can't remember what device needs to be on what input to do the various things like watch TV or a DVD or listen to CDs or play the Wii.

This remote gets programmed here on my computer instead of connecting to a site on the internet like a Harmony. The pics show all stock graphics. I haven't got into making my own, but some of the pro installers get very creative. Hard buttons. Not touchscreen (I hated touchscreen remotes as they were never clean). Macros, conditional, variables, punch-through, you name it. This does it. And it's just a lot higher build quality than any harmony. I was wearing out a Harmony about every 12 to 18 months. These usually stay in service 5 years or more. This is IR. There's an RF base for it, but I don't need it and this cost enough :)

Can't say enough good things about it.

Attachments

• img_0037.jpg
    img_0037.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 121
  • img_0038.jpg
    img_0038.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 111
  • img_0036.jpg
    img_0036.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 119
  • img_0040.jpg
    img_0040.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 108
  • img_0039.jpg
    img_0039.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 105
  • img_0034.jpg
    img_0034.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
I've talked about this remote. It's a URC MX-980. Gonna try and show a couple pics... if I remember how...

ok so they aren't in the right order, but..... image 0034 is the "home" screen. 0037 is what's on screen when we're watching satellite TV.

38, 39, 40 show favorites with station logos.(I have a double in there ....oops)
36 is my devices screen.

I loved the idea of the Harmony remotes using Activities rather than devices to control an AV system. My family can't remember what device needs to be on what input to do the various things like watch TV or a DVD or listen to CDs or play the Wii.

This remote gets programmed here on my computer instead of connecting to a site on the internet like a Harmony. The pics show all stock graphics. I haven't got into making my own, but some of the pro installers get very creative. Hard buttons. Not touchscreen (I hated touchscreen remotes as they were never clean). Macros, conditional, variables, punch-through, you name it. This does it. And it's just a lot higher build quality than any harmony. I was wearing out a Harmony about every 12 to 18 months. These usually stay in service 5 years or more. This is IR. There's an RF base for it, but I don't need it and this cost enough :)

Can't say enough good things about it.

Thats interesting, I was told that the upper end Harmony's did not give you the software and you had to have it professionally set up.

I was looking at the step down from that version, I think it was the 880, still haven't made up my mind, lots of money, when I have a few remotes that I can use to do the same thing .... it just takes more than one is all.

Not a Harmony. It's a URC. Or maybe I just read your comment wrong :)
This is a pro remote as well. You have to buy it from an authorized dealer and it's up to them whether or not they'll give you the software. The place I bought it gives you the software. Feels kind weird being so thrilled with a remote. :) but it makes using the system so easy my 86 year old mom can sit down and watch TV. She doesn't have to know all the stuff that's happening without her having to do it ... heheh.

Not a Harmony. It's a URC. Or maybe I just read your comment wrong :)
This is a pro remote as well. You have to buy it from an authorized dealer and it's up to them whether or not they'll give you the software. The place I bought it gives you the software. Feels kind weird being so thrilled with a remote. :) but it makes using the system so easy my 86 year old mom can sit down and watch TV. She doesn't have to know all the stuff that's happening without her having to do it ... heheh.

Your right, it was a UR that I was looking at, lot of the model numbers are similar

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts