Repairing My Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Some paints really do stop sat signals; just like any other obstruction. I have a 10 foot dish somebody painted; i have to remove all the paint before it will work again!!! Natural paints and plastics are the worst thing to paint a dish with. I use a "metal based paint" because painting requires adherance properties, and any dish requires something called "reflectiveness" to make the signal enter the feedhorn!!! If anything that obstructs a satellite signal gets in the way of this process; why take a chance on it with any paint??? And though plastic dishes look like just plastic; they are metal inside with "reflectiveness" all the plastic does is hold the metal firmly in place.

And yes, fix, repair, and use old sat dishes! They are not worth anything unless you do!

I have a 10 foot dish somebody painted;
Did the previous owner worked for factory making "stealth" spy planes able to avoid RADAR, so he could get such a paint there?
Somehow I am sceptical about "cushion" properties of regular paints for microwaves. Cheers, polgyver

The new owner of the dish decided to use it as a pond; painted it with plastic paint. It will not work without the paints removal.

And go ask to be (a military) one; and the invasion of your "Country" will be complete. Uncle plastic. Besides, heat signatures rely upon something other than the metals signature; because there is no way to make "something" into "nothing" as described by a great physicist that has never been proven wrong! But since you think they can; take one!

Would that be a special carbon based foam product?

Have a hard-time accepting the idea of an over-the-counter paint applied to the reflector surface as being RF absorptive. Without incorporating a special tuned, thick material adhered to the reflector surface it would be unheard of to attenuate RF reflection in excess of 5-10%. RF shielding pass-through paint (reflective) yes, RF absorption, no.

Sell me a gallon, I have a few special projects planned!

Tin-Foil-Cat-Hat-1.jpg

Here is the same thing; something that "shields" signals.

1) take any pie dish, and install it inside your home so that it can "see" its satellites out your picture window

2) replace the old lead single glass after checking snr with some new eglass (type made to block "signals") and check your snr

3) now replace the eglass with a pyrex window and check your snr

4) now try to put up a window screen as your window and see any snr

5) then check out any solid non-seethrough material you want; look for any snr

6) now try all the different paints type colors materials on the best picture window material you can see through and still get a snr reading

5) now lie about your results here; directly to me with pm if you want; and I still will call you on your lie's

Experiment with this one aspect of a satellite signal: you might not like that others already have learned trying the same thing years before; a microwave cooks and lies better than it can be received! And a microwave can be contained; even at high power completely; and absolutely if neccessary (stopped from entering). And whatever you want can be carried as a signal on a microwave (formats of); but there things a microwave can do which are not allowed; and killing anybody anywhere with one is only one crime; let alone melting only an innocents eyeballs; or burning skin off any dog.

So you see; paint kills, and it kills satellite tv pictures; doesn't it! And the reason a microwave can kill or harm anybody; is when it can be used at higher power! Makes dbs look kinda stupid; doesn't it!!!

No, your examples are showing the effects of sheilding not absorption.

Eglass windows, wire mesh screen, metallic paint coatings are not allowing the RF to pass-through. It is reflecting the RF just like a surface of a satellite reflector, not absorbing it.

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

Last edited:
TTSE,

Having painted dozens of dishes throughout the years, I would only recommend that the surface be thoroughly cleaned then prepped with a fine grit sanding then wiped down with degreaser before applying the paint.

Use a flat (non-glossy) paint to minimize the sun reflecting into the feedhorn twice a year (think of an ant under a magnifying glass) and make sure it has a good UV inhibitor to keep it looking nice for years of service. Be careful not to paint over the LNB or feedhorn cover. :D

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

The new owner of the dish decided to use it as a pond; painted it with plastic paint. It will not work without the paints removal.

And go ask to be (a military) one; and the invasion of your "Country" will be complete. Uncle plastic. Besides, heat signatures rely upon something other than the metals signature; because there is no way to make "something" into "nothing" as described by a great physicist that has never been proven wrong! But since you think they can; take one!

I think Polygyver was talking about radar reflection properties, not heat seeking devices. Apples and oranges there, totally different things. Unless, I do have a real hard time understanding your poetic ? talk, so I might have misunderstood.

Last edited:
1) liability insurance

2) microwaves

3) paint removal syrup

4) New satellite dish water heater

Because I can but i enjoy the thread so much; I only ask how you are doing only one of them!

Ok guys,I have located all of the material necessary for the repairs except the paint. I'll use .5" EMT conduit for the struts and 1.5" C purling for the main arm. In case I need a wider area to attach the LNB I'll attach a piece of Z purlin that I have. Polgyver thanks for all the pointers, I got that part covered. Instead of the fiberglass I'll probably put wire mesh in the hole and use auto body filler on the surface. I saw a dish like mine today so I have an idea what the original arm looks like. I can always return and take a pic of it too.

The paint issue on the other hand is still open. I didn't see any flat paint at the hardware store but I'll check around. I'm gonna go back to grey but the gray I saw isn't too flat. I'm just gonna get a can of spray paint. I can get flat black easy but black probably wont be a good color because of the way it adsorbs heat.

Thanks the advise Titanium, Fat Air for the links Fat Air. Here are a few links, tell me what you guys think, especially RichyRich.

http://brokensecrets.com/2010/01/13/satellite-dishes-are-gray-because/

http://www.pinterest.com/ladykatie4ever/satellite-dishes/

I want to get the system working first before I repair this dish. I'm gonna buy the MicroHd and use it with the 3' dish then I'll focus on reparing the 1.1M, most likey I'll order the MicroHd and the 2 LNB by this month.

The technology has been around so long; only metering with a perfect diagram like the pids tids nids and entries really allow "the scan today"; soapy microHD is squeeky clean shown on a tv; great choice! Paint remover is harmful to many plastics money for clean dishes makes soaps near.

One day, I was fixing peoples satellites; and I said to each satellite dish owner; the best thing you can do is keep your satellite clean; treat it like a new car; wash and wax it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts