Repeat recording preventer.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
They should add a feature that would notify you when you try to record an episode you have already watched.

"This episode has been previously watched, would you still like to record?"

I'm confused..you mean record a episode you already recorded?

But there is a downside to that....I have both D* and E*. On my E* 211k I record TMZ (yeah I know...). Its on at 6 at night, 10:35 at night and 1PM the next day. With the playoffs on Fox the guide kept saying it would record at 10:35 but with the games running long it records wrong. So if I set a timer for 1:00 the next day it shows as skipped and I have to force it to record. Even if I delete the timer for tonight at 10:35 (like I did) and set it for tomorrow it shows skipped and says "duplicate recording". Takes more steps to unskip it

That is the one big advantage of setting a recording on Directv
one push of record for one time
two for series

With Dish ANY timer it kicks you to a second screen where you have to select what type of recording it is (all, new, one time, weekly, etc). This really sucks for one time recordings.

I can make points to agree and disagree with this idea. One if the show doesn't have a air date listed then every time the show is on you'd have to ok the recording or miss it. Like I record Huckabee and its on Saturday at 8pm. It replays like 6 times over weekend the same show. So this would be nice to reduce it trying to record all 6 shows like it currently does now.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I can make points to agree and disagree with this idea. One if the show doesn't have a air date listed then every time the show is on you'd have to ok the recording or miss it. Like I record Huckabee and its on Saturday at 8pm. It replays like 6 times over weekend the same show. So this would be nice to reduce it trying to record all 6 shows like it currently does now.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Doesn't the "First Run" flag take care of that? I know it has glitches every now and then because I wind up with 'Pacific time" dupes sometimes, but for the most part it works..

not if the date says N/A or is totally wrong.

Good example is this...Ring of Honor wrestling is on Minneapolis CW on Saturdays at 9:00 and Sunday night (early Monday) at 1:00AM. No matter what I put for the series (all, new) it records both because the date says like 2000 (even though they are new)

What I'm talking about are series that have individual episode names.

Like storage wars for example. I don't want to waste HD space recording it, then watch and it come to find out it's a repeat.

ye, new only fix that, but to Iceberg them wresting shows are a pain tape, i tape one on STO because my brother is wrestler and its something i record manual because they can't tell what new or a repeat

eh other than that one glitch (and that is due to Tribune that supplies the data) I like setting it for new shows and not worrying if a show will repeat numerous times or if a show is actually new.

Iceberg said:
I'm confused..you mean record a episode you already recorded?

But there is a downside to that....I have both D* and E*. On my E* 211k I record TMZ (yeah I know...). Its on at 6 at night, 10:35 at night and 1PM the next day. With the playoffs on Fox the guide kept saying it would record at 10:35 but with the games running long it records wrong. So if I set a timer for 1:00 the next day it shows as skipped and I have to force it to record. Even if I delete the timer for tonight at 10:35 (like I did) and set it for tomorrow it shows skipped and says "duplicate recording". Takes more steps to unskip it

That is the one big advantage of setting a recording on Directv
one push of record for one time
two for series

With Dish ANY timer it kicks you to a second screen where you have to select what type of recording it is (all, new, one time, weekly, etc). This really sucks for one time recordings.

Hey Ice,

Just a curious question, why both Echo* & Direct? That seems like a lot of channel duplication. Sounds cool, but, my wife would never let me get away with that! I already have Apple TV and Roku along with my DirecTv......

Later

as stated before; DirecTV does not create the EPG details and the DVR's only know how to act based on the data details entered

Hey Ice,

Just a curious question, why both Echo* & Direct? That seems like a lot of channel duplication. Sounds cool, but, my wife would never let me get away with that! I already have Apple TV and Roku along with my DirecTv......

Later

Directv for most of my TV viewing
Dish for one reason honestly...."moved" locals. Dish carries the locals I want (Duluth, MN) in HD...Directv doesn't. So I bought a Dish 211k for 100 bucks and activated it on the Welcome Pack which gives me locals and a smattering of channels for $15 a month. Use to be if you got just locals it was 11.99 (5.99 + 6.00 fee for no basic package). So for $3 more and I got a few extra channels is nice. The only HD you get is your locals and any freeviews they have so as example this month I get Hub in HD (not available in HD on D*), OWN (dont care about that channel) and Sportsman Channel in HD. Also had the 2 week NHL CI freeview too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)