Replaced Sirius service with USB and CD

wildbill47

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
northern California
We got tired with their marketing in our Ford F150 to USB sync and in the Ford ranger 2010 with out USB I have MP3 music on CD. We have not missed their service as they had our favorite channel removed it and after complaints put it back. TAKE CONTROL STOP PAYING !

I've had XM since 2002, Sirius since 2003. Continue to have a subscription at home and in my car.

I enjoy the service and have no plans to replace it with CD or a USB drive with music, I will not stop paying, it's worth every penny to me.

Reactions: DWS44 and MikeI
Thier original bill is not worth it to me, but they usually realize they are overpriced and negotiate a better deal.

I've had Sirius or XM since '08 and am now using it more than ever, now that I can get it on my TV/Home A/V set up thru the app on the TV as well as on my Alexa ...

They use to charge extra for addl. recvrs like in the home, but its not necessary anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWS44 and TheKrell
Thier original bill is not worth it to me, but they usually realize they are overpriced and negotiate a better deal.

I've had Sirius or XM since '08 and am now using it more than ever, now that I can get it on my TV/Home A?V set up thru the app on the TV as well as on my Alexa ...

They use to charge extra for addl. recvrs like in the home, but its not necessary anymore.
They still have $30 for 6 month deal?

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

All these other options, you have to stream, which means messing with your phone while driving ... the Siriusxm is built into the vehicles ... thats a big plus.

Sirius xm bought them

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Well, I guess I’ll have to organize the stuff on my iPhone into playlists. And give up on the comedy stations.

Pandora is built in to my Civic. Not perfectly, but built in. I don’t recall a competitor being built in. And no SXM option, anyway.

But I can do most anything over BT, if I want to fiddle with the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

We got tired with their marketing in our Ford F150 to USB sync and in the Ford ranger 2010 with out USB I have MP3 music on CD. We have not missed their service as they had our favorite channel removed it and after complaints put it back. TAKE CONTROL STOP PAYING !

That may be a replacement to you. And if you did not use any of the services of SiriusXM there was no point in you having it. But it's nonsense for me to say take control and don't pay. You now have nothing of what I use. I would not get my baseball games while traveling nor be able to listen to MLB radio. I would not get the variety of comedy channels, get the talk radio shows as clearly with no looking around to find them as I travel. I understand you seem to be saying they do not have your favorite station anymore but I have many favorites. Plash Phelps is a family favorite on 60's. From all Soul to Jazz to Country anywhere I am. The list price is too high but no one should be paying that. I am more than happy with the price negotiated for our radios particularly now that I can listen on Alexa for no extra charge and that includes any baseball game no location blackouts. It gets used daily at home and/or in the car.

Reactions: Jimbo and osu1991
I have MUSIC CHOICE and DMX from the satellites FREE and have 2 serius portable radios that have stayed on because of me. I do not use them any more because of USB and CD. The program I use to record is LOOPRECORDER DE. I purchased this program years ago and was originally created by German software programmers for radio station logging. The problem is new vehicles have pay radio built in. Years ago TV was free and radio. Now there is pay TV and radio. Satellite radio has announcements and on music choice as an example is just music. If you have a BUD or KU dish can receive the music channels free. I have found 1 FTA receiver for $30 that makes a good music box. Works perfect on Music Choice and DMX.
My choice to keep money in my pocket not supporting the satellite co.

I just keep an old iPod that my kids discarded years ago full of a couple thousand songs. Placed it on random play and haven't messed with it in over a year. If I'm not feeling what comes next, just hit the skip button on the steering wheel. Now that I'm retiring, I might reprogram it for some new music. They never activated Sirius on our new (used) car, although they keep sending us messages that the trial is expiring.

Reactions: TheKrell
I have MUSIC CHOICE and DMX from the satellites FREE and have 2 serius portable radios that have stayed on because of me. I do not use them any more because of USB and CD. The program I use to record is LOOPRECORDER DE. I purchased this program years ago and was originally created by German software programmers for radio station logging. The problem is new vehicles have pay radio built in. Years ago TV was free and radio. Now there is pay TV and radio. Satellite radio has announcements and on music choice as an example is just music. If you have a BUD or KU dish can receive the music channels free. I have found 1 FTA receiver for $30 that makes a good music box. Works perfect on Music Choice and DMX.
My choice to keep money in my pocket not supporting the satellite co.

Kind of difficult to mount a satellite dish on the roof of my car and maintain a perfect LOS while driving.

I have Music Choice on Charter and DirecTV. It's a boring, lifeless digital jukebox service with some channels on a continuous loop, designed for commercial environments. SiriusXM is a radio service with radio personalities.

While the current state can be debated, Sirius and XM were originally programmed with personality and feeling by music lovers and enthusiasts. Muzak, Music Choice and Mood are programmed to add ambiance to a retail setting so you stay longer and in turn spend more $$$.

Reactions: Tampa8 and TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts