Replacing LNB due to LNB Drift

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AntiMoz

Livin' the Dream
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 11, 2005
Western NY
My Hopper3 is reporting LNB drift as an issue. My dish is pole mounted and easily accessible. Is there any reason why I cant replace the Hybrid EA LNB myself without having a service call? It seems like a simple and straightforward swap.

My Hopper3 is reporting LNB drift as an issue. My dish is pole mounted and easily accessible. Is there any reason why I cant replace the Hybrid EA LNB myself without having a service call? It seems like a simple and straightforward swap.
NO reason you cant, if you can get a hybrid lnb for eastern arc. I did it all the times I had problems.

Reactions: charlesrshell
NO reason you cant, if you can get a hybrid lnb for eastern arc. I did it all the times I had problems.
Thanks. They are hard to come by online. Amazon, EBay seem a little sketchy. Solid Signal has them but are more expensive. I may just subscribe for the protection plan for a couple of months and schedule a service call.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Thanks. They are hard to come by online. Amazon, EBay seem a little sketchy. Solid Signal has them but are more expensive. I may just subscribe for the protection plan for a couple of months and schedule a service call.

Might be worth a call to see if they'll just send you one for the cost of shipping, they did that for me on an old ViP receiver and I don't have the protection plan. If you add the protection plan, you need to keep it for 6 months or they hit you with a $30 early termination fee.

There are a couple of different models of Hybrid EA LNB now, so you would need to make sure that you get the correct model to fit the bracket that you already have. (There are probably not very many of the new Slimline Hybrid LNB's in the field, so you likely have the older model.) Even if you do get the wrong model, you could still do the swap yourself. However, that would mean that you would also need to swap out the bracket that holds the LNB on the arm of the dish.

Guys, It's a software issue. A LOT of them are reporting drift when there is none.

From the tech's portal:

Re: LNB Drift

Postby
Hi Team!
We have discussed with the engineering team. It appears to be a false alarm in the User Interface that is popping this error. This false error will be fixed in the next software release scheduled for the beginning of December 2020. Please ignore this error for the time being.
Drew Hoffner-Heinike
IHS Process Improvement Program Manager
Posts: 8Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:50 pmGroup: Corporate UserLocation: englewood/meridianDept.: dnsc executiveJob Name:Program Manager II

Guys, It's a software issue. A LOT of them are reporting drift when there is none.

From the tech's portal:

Re: LNB Drift

Postby
Hi Team!
We have discussed with the engineering team. It appears to be a false alarm in the User Interface that is popping this error. This false error will be fixed in the next software release scheduled for the beginning of December 2020. Please ignore this error for the time being.
Drew Hoffner-Heinike
IHS Process Improvement Program Manager
Posts: 8Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:50 pmGroup: Corporate UserLocation: englewood/meridianDept.: dnsc executiveJob Name:Program Manager II
Thank you very much for the info. I just checked my two Hopper 2’s which indicated LNB drift, but so far I have no receiver issues that I know of.

Reactions: HipKat
Interesting. On my Hopper Duo, from Diagnostics > Status > Check Status:
After running the test, the top of the screen says "Check complete. No issues found."
However, after selecting the Issues button, I do indeed see the (apparently inaccurate) "LNB Drift Detected" message.

This seems like a rather obscure place to look, especially if you have no reason to look there (since there are "No Issues Found" on the main Status screen). Where are you guys seeing these "LNB Drift" messages on your Hoppers? Is it an actual pop-up that interrupts TV viewing or something? If so, I have not seen anything like that yet.

Well I was going to post a new topic but it looks like this has been discussed before. The only thing is that over the last few months (6 or so) I've lost signal on not just on very rainy thick days, but sometime just overcast days.

I ran across the attached message when I started to do some diagnostics and was going to schedule a call to Dish to have someone come out and re-point (pinpoint because I will be there insisting that i read the meter myself) the dish but then saw this.

I still may have someone come out to re-point the dish, but are others seeing this when they go into diagnostics and run the Check Status options. It says status OK, but when you drop down one to the show status box this pop's up.

Tx,
Reciever Issues.jpg

Well I was going to post a new topic but it looks like this has been discussed before. The only thing is that over the last few months (6 or so) I've lost signal on not just on very rainy thick days, but sometime just overcast days.

I ran across the attached message when I started to do some diagnostics and was going to schedule a call to Dish to have someone come out and re-point (pinpoint because I will be there insisting that i read the meter myself) the dish but then saw this.

I still may have someone come out to re-point the dish, but are others seeing this when they go into diagnostics and run the Check Status options. It says status OK, but when you drop down one to the show status box this pop's up.

Tx,
View attachment 149426
That looks like what I saw, when I made the post right above yours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)