Report: Michigan Players Allege NCAA Violations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hey, can't we all just get along...hold hands...sing Kumbaya...and join forces by marching on Ann Arbor and proceeding to have Coach Rod drawn & quartered, tar & feathered, and finally impaled in pieces atop Michigan Stadium. :p

...not that I'm bitter, mind you. :rolleyes:

Rodriguez linked with banned booster

This story gets better and better...or worse and worse. ESPN is now reporting...

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4439517"]Report: Michigan Wolverines coach Rich Rodriguez tied to banned booster - ESPN[/ame]

One of the business partners involved in the real estate venture at the root of a federal lawsuit against Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez is an accused felon and banned Clemson University booster.

The partner, Clegg Lamar Greene of Clemson, S.C., was arrested Dec. 29 and charged with multiple counts of breach of trust.

According to documents provided Wednesday by the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, Green is accused of pilfering thousands of dollars from Palmetto State Enterprises LLC between 2005 and 2007 to pay debts on various business deals, buy furniture and have cosmetic surgery.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4439517"]Report: Michigan Wolverines coach Rich Rodriguez tied to banned booster - ESPN[/ame]

Sorry, but I don't ever recall Coach Schembechler, Coach Carr, or any other Michigan or Ohio State Head Coach for that matter, having dealings with shady characters or having their judgment and integrity called into question. Ugh! I think the press smells blood and RR is gone if he doesn't win 3 of 4 to start the season.

Please....whenever ANYONE starts of with "no offense"...it does mean, 'here it comes, it will offend'! LMAO!

There ONLY difference between the two is the fact that Michigan has been in established conferences, have bigger alumni and has had more TV coverage. The expectations are EXACTLY the same...MORE for a certain extent because HAS won championships recently. The quote during their powehouse runs was "'Canes don't rebuild, they reload". Football IS a region down here....this has always been and ALWAYS be a football town. Until you have lived down here...you will not know what pressure the University of Miami football program goes through.

My friend, you have no idea what kind of pressure there is up here. Take your Miami "pressure" and multiply that by a thousand. Trust me it is that big. Our alumni association is that many times bigger than Miami's. That's how you fund a quarter of a billion dollar stadium rebuilding job. I don't know what will come out of this investigation, but if there is any hint of wrong doing, Rodriguez will be unemployed in a heart beat. We have never hesitated in firing coaches who don't so things by the book. Your "Canes may have won more championships lately, but our tradition and win record is much larger and longer. No disrespect to Miami, but you seriously underestimate what MICHIGAN football means to us here.

I have been away from the sports posts for a bit, but even the"sweater vest" had some comments on this somewhat defending Michigan. These are a few upset players not happy with the new culture there. Now that being said, another 3 or 4 win season and Rich Rod will not be back next year I believe

Go Blue!

I have been away from the sports posts for a bit, but even the"sweater vest" had some comments on this somewhat defending Michigan. These are a few upset players not happy with the new culture there. Now that being said, another 3 or 4 win season and Rich Rod will not be back next year I believe

Go Blue!

That's correct Sir. Actually, quite a few Buckeye Brethren are coming to the defense of the boys in blue....

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1943246-post54.html

My friend, you have no idea what kind of pressure there is up here. Take your Miami "pressure" and multiply that by a thousand. Trust me it is that big. Our alumni association is that many times bigger than Miami's. That's how you fund a quarter of a billion dollar stadium rebuilding job. I don't know what will come out of this investigation, but if there is any hint of wrong doing, Rodriguez will be unemployed in a heart beat. We have never hesitated in firing coaches who don't so things by the book. Your "Canes may have won more championships lately, but our tradition and win record is much larger and longer. No disrespect to Miami, but you seriously underestimate what MICHIGAN football means to us here.

You are probably right. But let me give you props for understanding that it is Miami you are talking about. Because some of the other comments about the other schools in the state were just absurd. Ask recent Big 10 coach of the year, Ron Zook, what the pressure is like in Gainesville. I can guarantee you it isn't like Disneyworld.

You are probably right. But let me give you props for understanding that it is Miami you are talking about. Because some of the other comments about the other schools in the state were just absurd. Ask recent Big 10 coach of the year, Ron Zook, what the pressure is like in Gainesville. I can guarantee you it isn't like Disneyworld.

I was putting Florida on the Michigan/Ohio State side of the equation...

Sandra

The Big Ten suspends Michigan linebacker Jonas Mouton for punch against Notre Dame

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4485462"]Big Ten suspends Michigan linebacker Jonas Mouton for punch against Notre Dame - ESPN[/ame]

Ok, on the surface this no big deal...kid gets upset and throws a punch at an opposing player, player sits for a game, end of story. However, what is unusual is that the punishment was enforced by the Big Ten and not Michigan. Once again, the character (or lack thereof) of Coach "Bugsy" Rodriguez is called into question. It is a sad day when the league has to enforce the rules and discipline Michigan's players because Coach Rod is derelict in his duties while at the helm. Just another example of why Rodriquez is not Michigan material...in fact, I would not wish him to lead any other Big Ten team...not even the Buckeyes. I don't know about you, but I see Captain "Edward John Smith" Rodriguez steering the Michigan program into an iceberg. There is still time to rectify the problem. Fire Rich Rodriguez - FireRRod.com - RR INFO

The Big Ten has suspended Michigan junior linebacker Jonas Mouton for one game for punching a Notre Dame player during last week's victory at Michigan Stadium.

Mouton punched Notre Dame center Eric Olsen following a run play with 8:42 left in the second quarter. No penalty was called on the play.

When asked about the punch before Wednesday's practice, Wolverines head coach Rich Rodriguez said Mouton wouldn't face any punishment from the team.

"What are you talking about?" Rodriguez told reporters. "I know they were talking about one incident on film, and I didn't see anybody throw a punch or anything like that. The little bit I saw on the clip, I saw guys got tangled up together, and Jonas tried to free himself. There's a whole lot of officials out there, and I'm sure if there was an infraction, then they'd call it."

The Big Ten reviewed the film and determined that Mouton struck Olsen, violating the league's sportsmanlike conduct agreement. The league also issued a public reprimand of Mouton, a starting outside linebacker for the Wolverines who has recorded 11 tackles, an interception and fumble recovery in two games.

It marks the first time in recent memory that the league has suspended a football player when the player's team did not.

"The actions of Jonas Mouton during the Notre Dame game are unacceptable," Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany said in a statement. "Mouton's behavior has no place in the sport of football or the Big Ten Conference."

Michigan accepted the suspension. A Michigan spokesman told ESPN.com that the team has no further comment and Rodriguez would address the situation following Saturday's game against Eastern Michigan.

Well, boys and girls, hell has just frozen over. Why? I actually agree with Coach Questionable on this one. If it was a foul, there are several refs who SHOULD have seen it during the game, not later the next week. Are we now going to go over all games films the week after the game so that any pansies complaints can be dealt with by the leagues? What about the ND player I remember seeing jumping squarely on the back of a UM player after a play was dead cleats first? Why has he not been suspended for at least a week? Fat Chuckie have that much pull? If ND's whiny-ass girls are going to complain about calls and lack of calls, why not equal justice / injustice for them as well?

Well, boys and girls, hell has just frozen over. Why? I actually agree with Coach Questionable on this one. If it was a foul, there are several refs who SHOULD have seen it during the game, not later the next week. Are we now going to go over all games films the week after the game so that any pansies complaints can be dealt with by the leagues? What about the ND player I remember seeing jumping squarely on the back of a UM player after a play was dead cleats first? Why has he not been suspended for at least a week? Fat Chuckie have that much pull? If ND's whiny-ass girls are going to complain about calls and lack of calls, why not equal justice / injustice for them as well?

:up:up:up

:up:up:up Good ole front butt whining to try and keep his job!!

:up:up:up Good ole front butt whining to try and keep his job!!

I remember seeing a Thursday (maybe it was Friday) night game a couple of years back where one team was kicking off and the other team's player called a "fair catch" and then ran for a touchdown. Apparently, the refs on the field were the only ones in America oblivious to the signaling of the player, he waved off the players that were bearing down on him, or he would have been plastered into the ground where he stood. The following week, the refs were called on the carpet for making such a horrible call, IIRC, which is what should have happened (as those plays are "not reviewable" for reasons unknown.) IF the refs in the ND / UM game missed such a flagrant foul, they should be called on the carpet, right? Has this happened? Not that I can find. (If anyone can find where they were, please let me know where the cite is.) I know that ND as a "once great program, but not any more" gets favorable treatment in all the ratings, but are they to get it across the board or can other teams now expect to be able to call into question anything they see in the game tapes that was not called during the game? If it is applicable to one school, should it not be applicable to all?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts