Request Ceo To Add Nhl Network In Sd

I don't think I need the HD package to get NHL Network. I believe it comes with AT100 or NHLCI as long as you have a HD receiver. When you mention that you have to stretch or partial zoom the program on the remote, which remote are you talking about? The one for your tv or the Dish remote?

Dish remote - will format the picture for 4:3 or 16:9 through normal, black bars (HD 4:3 content on 16:9 set), stretch, partial zoom (a nice partial zoom without losing too much content and only slightly distorting 4:3 content), and full zoom modes.

They are nice options when dealing with the whole HD on SD set issue.

Hookups For HD Receiver To SD TV

Now what about the hookups. Do I hookup the television to the HD DVR the same way as a SD DVR? I want to make sure I have the inputs on the back of my SD TV in order to do this. Please let me know, because I believe if the answer to this question is positive, I'm going to call Dish and order the HD DVR.:confused:

Now what about the hookups. Do I hookup the television to the HD DVR the same way as a SD DVR? I want to make sure I have the inputs on the back of my SD TV in order to do this. Please let me know, because I believe if the answer to this question is positive, I'm going to call Dish and order the HD DVR.:confused:

I upgraded to a HD receiver VIP221 and I did not have a HD set.
when I first called to upgrade the CSR said that I would not see any of the HD feeds because I did not have a HD TV. But I called in and had them set me up with the HD package and I could see the HD feeds on my SD TV.
I hooked up the VIP with the S video output it work great.
The HD feeds seemed to be sharper that the SD pictures. The VIP converts the HD signal to SD just fine. The installer did not care that I did not have a HD set.

I don't think I need the HD package to get NHL Network. I believe it comes with AT100 or NHLCI as long as you have a HD receiver. When you mention that you have to stretch or partial zoom the program on the remote, which remote are you talking about? The one for your tv or the Dish remote?

You will need to subscribe to HD access for $20 a month. Then you will get NHL network on channel 403. It will be in HD, but you can reformat it for output on a SD tv.

Centerice Subscribers also get NHL Network at channel 559 which is a HD channel too.

I upgraded to a HD receiver VIP221 and I did not have a HD set.
when I first called to upgrade the CSR said that I would not see any of the HD feeds because I did not have a HD TV. But I called in and had them set me up with the HD package and I could see the HD feeds on my SD TV.
I hooked up the VIP with the S video output it work great.
The HD feeds seemed to be sharper that the SD pictures. The VIP converts the HD signal to SD just fine. The installer did not care that I did not have a HD set.

A friend of mine did the same thing. He signed up for the Dish'n it Up promo and they didn't even try to send him a 625, he got a 622. This is going to be more and more common as Dish starts to move away from MPEG-2 for all customers. One day, not long from now, they will no longer support the current MPEG-2 SD only boxes. And yes, HD programming looks MUCH better than the so-called SD channels even on a standard TV. That says more about the over-compression on the SD channels than anything. If the SD channels were passed through at full resolution you would not be able to tell a difference between SD and HD on a conventional TV set. It would all be "DVD quality".

I personally would not support the addition of any SD channels. It is HD channels that I am interested in.
Even though i pay for the 250 pack. I only watch sd proggies less than 1% of the time.

I got a reply from someone else at Echostar today about the NHL Network in SD. Here is their reply:

Hello,

Thank you for your E-mail and bringing your concerns to our attention.

I understand your and apologize at this point we will not be caring the NHL Network for the 2007-2008 season in standard definition. We are looking into launching it for the 2008-2009 season.

Thank you,

J.

Hopefully that happens. Now I can wait and see what happens. Next season will be here before you know it. I wouldn't be surprised that's the case according to her. At least someone gave me a definite answer instead of the usual "form letter" stuff. I guess they got tired of me bugging them about it.

Last edited:
Would a mod please remove the name, phone number, and email address of the Dish employee above. Not a smart move to post that information on this or any other public website.

Read your mails before sending Jenny....

"Echostar Executive Communications"... such a grandiose sounding title... Hmmm. Guess I can't fault them, pot calling kettle...

What is it with you people and popular cable channels. Isn't 250 channels of crap enough for you????????

I hate sports with every bone, and fiber mof my being. Sports is just a big waste of time and money. If I ruled the world all sports would be outlawed.

I hate sports with every bone, and fiber mof my being. Sports is just a big waste of time and money. If I ruled the world all sports would be outlawed.

That's how I feel about Fox News and it's affliates (FNC, etc), so see, to each his own! :D

Your such a joke. If I ruled the world I would outlaw everything you like just for saying something so stupid. People like different things, not just everything YOU like! :rolleyes: