Research shows PS3 the least used Console

Yeah, because we all know you don't buy a game system for it's fun factor, but to make you appear "cool" and "mature" to your friends.
I for one dont know why some people buy what they buy.
You sarcasm aside, this thread alone should show that some people dont buy some systems just because of who makes them, regardless of how much fun you can have or what they can do

Side note, the "type" of fun you can have with a Wii is totally different than what you can do with either of the others.

I for one dont know why some people buy what they buy.
You sarcasm aside, this thread alone should show that some people dont buy some systems just because of who makes them, regardless of how much fun you can have or what they can do

Side note, the "type" of fun you can have with a Wii is totally different than what you can do with either of the others.

QFT.

In my case I just HATE Sony products, yeap!! I DO. Those things are designed to last 13 months. All of this come from personnal experience. Having said that, I do support the Playstation platforms, and Minidisc well, actually I love that format but my Ipod put it to rest.
I don't have a PS3 yet, but is on my plans. I do hate the fact that Sony always do the same thing, with the format wars. They keep ruining the company with their ways to never "support anything" too damn proud to accept it.

I'm already suffering the effects of not having a BD player. Many of my fav's movies are BD exclusives, and new ones like Spiderman, Fantastic 4, and specially Ghost Rider(one of my favs comic books).
My brother has a PS3, man but the loading time is a joke, I was playing Motorstorm, man it was stupid. I'm dying to play Haze, I hate the fact that i will be supporting BD

I've seen how the quality of Sony products had fell from on the bests to one of the worsts. I worked at Sears Brande Central for over 10 years so I can tell. And actually Audio/Video is one of mi hobbies.
List of Sony electronics that had falied:
Ps1, 2-Ps2(both of them scratched the discs), 2 Dvd players, a 32" TV- this one still works but this is a strange story I just picked up the tv to move it to a new place with my son's help and the tv's housing just imploded, now looks like my 2001 Ram's Dashboard :p), a Cybershot that died Dec 06 on my Disney Vacations, half of my vac's pictures are ruined, Vaio Notebook, Ministereo System, a Sony ES A/V receiver,VHS, and several Discman. As you can see I loved sony products, many of those were bought while I worked at Sears and for years all my A/V electronics are connected to a Battery Back up system. No Minidiscs all Sony have ever failed me.

In my case I just HATE Sony products, yeap!! I DO. Those things are designed to last 13 months. All of this come from personnal experience.
I dont know about that. I had one of the early playstations that was still working fine when i gave it away a year ago. My PS2 is still humming along fine.
Im not saying that there arent some that mess up, any mass produced hardware is bound to have some lemons, but that doesnt mean they all are like that

It is well documented about the Ps2 units that scratched discs, ebay was filled with auctions for the repaclement DVD drive.
Well I remember I had another Sony Product that failed, Car CD Stereo. I paid almost $400 for that unit. And like I stated I worked at Sears for years, and every day I saw a lot of defective products for exchange. I used to support Sony, now I'm anti-Sony.. :)and like i said I do support the PS Platforms.

okay, lets compare these numbers to any product produced....lets say the xbox 360 vs. ps2, or 360 vs ps3, or I will let you pick out any product (like my samsung camera that died and I had to use my OLD sony camera). My point is this, Every product dies, I am sorry you had so many sony products die, but you are not the normal, Sony is very much within a acceptable failure rate. Should I hate microsoft because I am on my 6th 360? no I dont I hate them because windows sucks :)) .

okay, lets compare these numbers to any product produced....lets say the xbox 360 vs. ps2, or 360 vs ps3, or I will let you pick out any product (like my samsung camera that died and I had to use my OLD sony camera). My point is this, Every product dies, I am sorry you had so many sony products die, but you are not the normal, Sony is very much within a acceptable failure rate. Should I hate microsoft because I am on my 6th 360? no I dont I hate them because windows sucks :)) .

Well said.

I also had a PSOne that lasted a long time, and my PS2 still works fine after 6 or 7 years now (can't remember exactly when I got it).

Can't really speak for other Sony products since I've never had any that I can remember.

I would say the Wii was the least used system in my household... never got into any of the games for more than just the passing fad.. i played with my 360 nearly everyday until i traded it for the ps3, and i use that as often, and thats not even counting the extra work it gets as a Blu-Ray/DVD player.

I sold me Wii for what i paid for it after having it 9 months and not using it for the last 3 except to mess around with Zack and Wiki on a rental for a couple of days.

My ps1 I had for 4 years before I sold it and got a ps2 wich lasted for 3 years and died only because it got pulled off the dresser and landed on the power cord going into the back breaking the prongs inside, its replacement also fell and is still working after 4 years. My sony surround sound system is 6 years old and still working even after the kid stuffed toys into the multi cd player. Sony walk man lasted me 3 years before I sold it and my dads sony casette walkman was 10 yrs old before it died from getting dropped into a lake.

If your getting 13 months or less out of your sony products then I'd say your either spinning yarn or awfully hard on your items.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)