Resident evil 5

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
COming out today for both 360 and ps3, whos getting it and for what system?

I have it reserved for the 360, not sure if I am going to get it or not.

I going today at lunch time, for xbox360. I downloaded the demo. I needed to adjust to having a partner to worry about but the game play is great. seems like this will be the most challenging of the series. I got 2 games to trade in at gamestop so I will pay 19.99 for it!

I just bought Halo Wars and I plan on getting Halo 3: ODST and Tiger Woods 2010 for the 360 later this year. I don't own any boxed games for my PS3. I'm sure RE5 is a good game, but it's a bit to gruesome for my taste.

GF was SUPPOSED to ship my copy out yesterday, but for whatever reason they DIDN'T, so now I get to wait until the 2nd coming of Christ before I get a copy of it in my hands.

I've tried the demo a couple of times and the controls made me not want to play it. Will give it another chance when it hits the bargain bin and Killzone 2 and other games aren't as entertaining anymore.

Have 360 and PS3, but I am going to have to go with the 360 on this one, that is my go to system.....do you have to have two players to make this game good?

In single player the 2nd character (Sheva) runs on AI and her performance depends on what settings and what weapons you give her. I use her mostly as a mule as the lead character only has 9 weapons/items slots so Sheva gives you an additional 9.

I'm sorry... I'm not insulting you in any way, but what exactly do you "love" about the RE story line?

I have played all the games is what I was saying, i have followed the game since day 1, I understand the story about the tvirus, and gvirus, the only games I didnt play were the first person shooters (I dont even know what they are called to be honest with you, thats how less I care.)

I have played all the games is what I was saying, i have followed the game since day 1, I understand the story about the tvirus, and gvirus, the only games I didnt play were the first person shooters (I dont even know what they are called to be honest with you, thats how less I care.)
Actually, I think they were all rail shooters, which is the same genre as games like Virtua Cop, House of the Dead, etc. Overall you didn't miss much, and now the Wii is getting ANOTHER RE-based rail shooter, as opposed to RE5 or any sort of game that takes advantage of the RE4 engine.

Actually, I think they were all rail shooters, which is the same genre as games like Virtua Cop, House of the Dead, etc. Overall you didn't miss much, and now the Wii is getting ANOTHER RE-based rail shooter, as opposed to RE5 or any sort of game that takes advantage of the RE4 engine.

yeah I saw that, I really didnt care for that version of resident evil. Pointless, but they are just trying to throw whatever they can on the wii to make money, do I blame them? heck no.

yeah I saw that, I really didnt care for that version of resident evil. Pointless, but they are just trying to throw whatever they can on the wii to make money, do I blame them? heck no.
The last one, "Umbrella Chronicles" wasn't that bad of a game overall, but its stiff difficulty was very unreasonable and quickly sucked the fun out of it. I know I quote this site a lot but this really is a good description of it:

[ame="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/23-Resident-Evil-Umbrella-Chronicles"]The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles@@AMEPARAM@@videos/config/23-6289bb9c176cd51a6727999439b18ad4.js@@AMEPARAM@@23@@AMEPARAM@@6289bb9c176cd51a6727999439b18ad4[/ame]

I thought the preview that I just saw on TV looked terrible. A cluster of scenes and the graphics just looked OK. I'm assuming the ones that were decent were cut scenes and the rest looked bad.

Wow, just saw the preview again. It looks terrible! I don't know who put that commerical together, but I'm guessing their age was 12...

GF was SUPPOSED to ship my copy out yesterday, but for whatever reason they DIDN'T, so now I get to wait until the 2nd coming of Christ before I get a copy of it in my hands.
Looks like everyone needs to brush up on their Aramaic, because my copy of RE5 shipped out yesterday. Surprising that it was only a week delay.

Has anybody played this yet? How's it stack up with RE4? I loved RE4, but with money as tight as it is lately, I have to be sure about what I'm spending it on. Reviews please!

I am on the second chapter and the graphics are AMAZING, controls you have to get use to, but Paul if you get this game I will do coop with you.....all in all I really enjoy this game, only negative is the stupid AI, I think if i Had a human to play with it would be pretty much a must buy game.

I am on the second chapter and the graphics are AMAZING, controls you have to get use to, but Paul if you get this game I will do coop with you.....all in all I really enjoy this game, only negative is the stupid AI, I think if i Had a human to play with it would be pretty much a must buy game.
Is the human player necessary? If so, I may be looking for a teammate then. I just got my copy in today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)