Resident evil 5

Is the human player necessary? If so, I may be looking for a teammate then. I just got my copy in today.

not neccesary, just the AI sometimes wastes bullets, or is just frustrating with who they shoot and how the cover you...I have played through fine with the AI, but I think it would be a lot smoother if you had two humans. give it a try beliefs and let me know what you think.

I'm sorry but this game is f**king Bullsh!t. I've died 3 times in the first f**king chapter by the same f**king guy with the big f**king axe, and this is ridiculous. Looks like I do need someone other than the AI controlled white broad dipped in caramel to look like an African..

lol, get him outside of the house, and explode barrels by him, or go get the machine gun in the northeast corner.
Eventually we just kept shooting him in the knees to knock him down then we'd punch or kick him. Now I'm on Chapter 2-1 with the insanely annoying dogs and the guys who can't drive 18-wheelers properly. I am warming up to the game more. I got used to the controls and that black chick is nice for sticking a needle in me when my health gets really messed up. It also helps that the game looks absolutely gorgeous. I'll probably be delving back into it when I get home from work after I work out.

I am on the second chapter and the graphics are AMAZING, controls you have to get use to, but Paul if you get this game I will do coop with you.....all in all I really enjoy this game, only negative is the stupid AI, I think if i Had a human to play with it would be pretty much a must buy game.

Thanks for the invite, but I'm waiting till you finish the game just to decide whether to part with my really spare $'s. I loved RE4, I thought it was one of the best games I've played, I'm hoping this one rates up there with 4.

Thanks for the invite, but I'm waiting till you finish the game just to decide whether to part with my really spare $'s. I loved RE4, I thought it was one of the best games I've played, I'm hoping this one rates up there with 4.
I can tell you right now that it is NOT as good as RE4. While it's not BAD, the added AI partner and incredibly messed up inventory system really detract from the experience. If RE4 was an A+, RE5 wavers between B and C- experience. Aside from the graphics, all the "additions" to the game do the amazing thing of making the game worse. It's like going to Vegas twice: First with just your significant other, and then again but with your children. Sure it's basically the same place and setting as before, but the addition of children puts restrictions on what you can do and ways to have fun.

Perfect review of RE5

This review, other than being funny, really PERFECTLY describes the RE5 experience.

[ame="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/624-Resident-Evil-5"]The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : Resident Evil 5@@AMEPARAM@@videos/config/624-8bdd24308681f2c27a6f416f75fc21a5.js@@AMEPARAM@@624@@AMEPARAM@@8bdd24308681f2c27a6f416f75fc21a5[/ame]

yep, my joy has QUICKLY faded in this game as later on the AI really gets confusing and to be honest, I havent had that, ohhh I gotta play RE5 feeling like when I first got it, and to be honest I am thinking about trading it in and maybe picking back up bioshock to finish for the third time. save your money Paul, I wish I did. maybe worth a rental.

Sounding like a pass. Thanks for the honest review. Saying that you are going to trade it in told all I need to know. The search for my next game continues.....How long till FF XIII?

Sounding like a pass. Thanks for the honest review. Saying that you are going to trade it in told all I need to know. The search for my next game continues.....How long till FF XIII?
FF XIII ain't coming out until 2010. Honestly RE5 is not a BAD game, but while you're playing it you'll just keep feeling like the game, even with it's stodgy additions, would turn out better than it did with just a little bit of tweaking. If RE4 had not come out before RE5 people would probably have enjoyed RE5 more since they didn't have RE4 to compare it to. It's at least worth a rental or borrowing from a friend.

FF XIII ain't coming out until 2010. Honestly RE5 is not a BAD game, but while you're playing it you'll just keep feeling like the game, even with it's stodgy additions, would turn out better than it did with just a little bit of tweaking. If RE4 had not come out before RE5 people would probably have enjoyed RE5 more since they didn't have RE4 to compare it to. It's at least worth a rental or borrowing from a friend.

yep rental would be good, and if you have a friend you are going to play with, there is value in this game again if someone would play this with me (in general as I have three friends who have this, just hard to plan a time as I am still getting use to two kids not one :) ) I would think about keeping it as of now I am trading it in this week!

Rental is out of the question for me, I take way too long to finish a game. I'm a slow methodical player, who hunts for everything in a game the first time I play it. (I rarely replay a game.) Not unusual for me to put over 100 hrs. into some games, especially RPG's.

If you stick with the game long enough to obtain the stun stick or the bow and give one of those to Sheva she does fine. Probably gonna give her the magnum with unlimited ammo if I play through a second time tho.

I already beat the game once, the graphics alone make it worth it. If you are a vet RE gamer you should enjoy this game. I have played all the RE games, this one ranks high. I would rather have a cross hair than a laser pointer but I adjusted quickly. I spoiled myself with RE4 for Wii. The HD makes it hard for me to play any standard def games now though. Sheva does fine as long as you do not leave her hanging. It seems this game adjusts her play to how well you treat her. It was hard for me to remember I need to help her out with quality weapons.

I just beat the game, and I have to say that while it is definitely a fun game and worth playing, I think it's time we retire the RE storyline. The game explains a number of things about Wesker and Umbrella, but then has a stupid ending leaving you thinking, "Now what!?" I strongly suspect that the next game will be based off of Ada Wong's actions in RE4, which likely means Capcom won't change much in the next game.

RE5 seems like a good candidate for episodic DLC, since Umbrella has all these different branches and there's apparently 10 versions of this stupid virus being developed everywhere it would be good to just use the base RE5 engine (with a fixed inventory system first though) and add on episodes, as opposed to whole new games that take 2+ years of development.

Overall I had fun with the game. I'm sure it would have been more fun with a human companion instead of AI, but it wasn't that bad. Yes, her stupidity did result in a few unnecessary "Your Partner Died" screens, but with the right weapons she was rather useful.

A few complaints:

1. Inventory System item exchanges
2. Random quicktime events that at times felt like playing old Sega CD games like TimeGal and Dragon's Lair
3. Crazy plot

Overall, an 8 out of 10 (I gave RE4 a 10 out of 10.)

I just beat the game, and I have to say that while it is definitely a fun game and worth playing, I think it's time we retire the RE storyline. The game explains a number of things about Wesker and Umbrella, but then has a stupid ending leaving you thinking, "Now what!?" I strongly suspect that the next game will be based off of Ada Wong's actions in RE4, which likely means Capcom won't change much in the next game.

RE5 seems like a good candidate for episodic DLC, since Umbrella has all these different branches and there's apparently 10 versions of this stupid virus being developed everywhere it would be good to just use the base RE5 engine (with a fixed inventory system first though) and add on episodes, as opposed to whole new games that take 2+ years of development.

Overall I had fun with the game. I'm sure it would have been more fun with a human companion instead of AI, but it wasn't that bad. Yes, her stupidity did result in a few unnecessary "Your Partner Died" screens, but with the right weapons she was rather useful.

A few complaints:

1. Inventory System item exchanges
2. Random quicktime events that at times felt like playing old Sega CD games like TimeGal and Dragon's Lair
3. Crazy plot

Overall, an 8 out of 10 (I gave RE4 a 10 out of 10.)

I downloaded the demo, the AI kept getting in my way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts