Resume Button Missing While Still Recording

Yes I am positive it picks up where I left off. A work around is much better than nothing at all.
There is no work around that works for me. Work arounds are not acceptable. Here's an update I received at 12:10 PM on 12/15 from DISH.

Our engineers are aware of this issue and they are currently in the process of scheduling a fix. However, at this time we have not been given an estimated date/time for that update to be available. I will flag your account as one affected by this issue so we can be sure to target it when the fix is released.

There is no work around that works for me. Work arounds are not acceptable. Here's an update I received at 12:10 PM on 12/15 from DISH.

Our engineers are aware of this issue and they are currently in the process of scheduling a fix. However, at this time we have not been given an estimated date/time for that update to be available. I will flag your account as one affected by this issue so we can be sure to target it when the fix is released.
WOW, that is great news. Wonder what DISH means they will flag your account as one affected by this issue so we can be sure to target it when the fix is released!

WOW, that is great news. Wonder what DISH means they will flag your account as one affected by this issue so we can be sure to target it when the fix is released!
I would guess this means your receiver will be advanced in the rolling upgrades Dish pushes out.
There is no work around that works for me.
I couldn't believe it, but for days charlesshell was reporting his workaround worked for him, and yet it didn't work for me and another member here. And then it fixed itself. I have no explanation for this other than the possible proximity in time of my resumed chase play to the live picture.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Our engineers are aware of this issue and they are currently in the process of scheduling a fix. However, at this time we have not been given an estimated date/time for that update to be available.
The software engineers have likely gone on their holiday break by now. This is why they seem to try to push out as many fixes as possible in early December. So, don't expect any new software to be rolled out until sometime in mid-January at the earliest.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
And... It's broken again! I started watching a 3hr program on my J3 while it was still recording. I definitely did not start watching live, or rewind. I went to another channel, then used the DVR button to get to the recording and Watch From Start. I watched about a half hour of that 3 hr program. It had recorded about 1hr when I stopped watching on the J3. And now, with 2.5hrs recorded, I tried the workaround on the H3 directly. It went to live! :mad:

• Sad
Reactions: charlesrshell
And... It's broken again! I started watching a 3hr program on my J3 while it was still recording. I definitely did not start watching live, or rewind. I went to another channel, then used the DVR button to get to the recording and Watch From Start. I watched about a half hour of that 3 hr program. It had recorded about 1hr when I stopped watching on the J3. And now, with 2.5hrs recorded, I tried the workaround on the H3 directly. It went to live! :mad:
When using play on a program still recording directly from the Hopper 3 it has always worked to resume for me. However when starting to watch a still recording program on my Joey and then trying play from the Hopper3 to resume it does sometimes go directly to live. However if I exit again from the still recording program on the Hopper3 (like going to live tv on a different channel or playing another recording) going back to the same still recording program and pressing play a second time will then give you the option to resume from the Joey or the Hopper (where it just went live the first time you tried play). So basically if you start watching the still recording program from another receiver other then the hopper3 and want to resume on the hopper 3 you have to press play once, exit the recording and then go back to the recording and press play a second time to get the resume options.

When using play on a program still recording directly from the Hopper 3 it has always worked to resume for me. However when starting to watch a still recording program on my Joey and then trying play from the Hopper3 to resume it does sometimes go directly to live. However if I exit again from the still recording program on the Hopper3 (like going to live tv on a different channel or playing another recording) going back to the same still recording program and pressing play a second time will then give you the option to resume from the Joey or the Hopper (where it just went live the first time you tried play). So basically if you start watching the still recording program from another receiver other then the hopper3 and want to resume on the hopper 3 you have to press play once, exit the recording and then press play a second time to get the resume options.
Very well stated. You are magical with words. If I had wrote that it would be twice as long. LOL

Just an idea. Does it matter if you hit pause before you leave the recording program, e.g. before selecting the DVR button? I'd test it myself but my wife's using the TV. :-(

I don't remember having that button work with U941. But I just tried it using U942 and it actually works! Is this finally fixed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)