Retailer Chat 1/12/16

Ziptied

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2011
West coast
I am going to wait and see if any more new Hybrid LNBs come out for the 1000+ dish that includes 118.7. It is hard to believe DISH didn't come out with the new LNB. Maybe there are plans to move all the international channels off of 118.7.
I was told today that a DPH 1000+ lnbf is not in the works currently.

Reactions: charlesrshell

CoreyIllini

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 11, 2016
Minneapolis
I have been a dish customer for over 10 years, and monthly bill $180/month. I hope I qualify for the free upgrade to Hopper 3 and get to front of line. Best part is sports bar mode. I have been close to switching to direct because of NFL football, but have held off. March madness w/ 4 screens on my 106" projector will look great! Still hurting from my Vikings missed field goal.

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
I have been a dish customer for over 10 years, and monthly bill $180/month. I hope I qualify for the free upgrade to Hopper 3 and get to front of line. Best part is sports bar mode. I have been close to switching to direct because of NFL football, but have held off. March madness w/ 4 screens on my 106" projector will look great! Still hurting from my Vikings missed field goal.

If your account is in good standing you should be fine. You will get no special treatment to go to "the front of the line." You will get scheduled just like anyone else.

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Sorry I'm confused, existing customers who lease a Hopper with sling currently are going to have to pay $150 or $300 (if they dont get the upgrade free) how about the people who lease one of the older hoppers (such as me paying 12$/month for a hopper with sling)does that mean ill only have my monthly fee increased to $15/month or will i have to shell out in excess of 100$???

Whatever your existing equipment is doesn't really matter for the upgrade fee. If you have an old Hopper which you pay $12/mo you will see an increase of $3/mo when you get the Hopper 3.

Martinmac1982

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 5, 2016
but i will still have to pay for the upgrade as opposed to getting it for free. As according to Ziptied my account is currently at the lowest rating for upgrades. Great.

avediswolf

I'm Back!
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 22, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Have they not been posted on here yet? The 3 year price lock promotion.
This is the first I've seen, but I have been knows to be quite blind at times. :)

I think I'm going to take the advice of a few, and the hint of 3 year price lock, and wait until this comes out to come back. I was just curious if I should jump on the 2 year now, or wait.

Thank You! Appreciate the feedback.

Reactions: Scherrman

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
I have two HWS and one owned Joey. I am disinclined to move to a H3 anytime soon. I am out of contract and have had few calls to Dish since the 721. I am on autopay.

My credit rating is within a few points of the Max. Until we bought a new car, it was literally one number below the max.

If I knew I would not qualify for a free install, it would end any such consideration.

But all the same, I'm happy with what I have, at least until I get a UHDTV, which is likely 1-3 years away.

And yes, I expect the H3 fees to go up faster than other fees.

Reactions: stardust3

Partysox

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2016
N central Indiana
Bummer - the free upgrade was too good to be true - now we have to hope we win the Dish criteria lottery.
Ya I'm on social security not only have I got a hopper2 with a hard drive going south now no free upgrade probably.Just got my bubble busted its one of those days.

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
but i will still have to pay for the upgrade as opposed to getting it for free. As according to Ziptied my account is currently at the lowest rating for upgrades. Great.

If your account has that status it's usually for good reason. I rarely had a reason to disagree with their ratings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)